Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Endless Loads: Isolated Incidents or Widespread Problem?

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By essd0g

So I've been playing RDR multiplayer for a while now and have only experienced freezes and endless loading issues a hand full of times. Recently, however, it seems that every time I try to get into a multiplayer game I get stuck at the loading screen. Has this been the case for anybody else recently?

For me this seemed to coincide with the release of the recent free DLC co-op pack. Since I first downloaded it I have been experiencing frequent connection and loading issues, prior to that though I have had no major problems. I've been reading the comments on the Rockstar website (specifically about the DLC "breaking" the game) and on forums about this issue, and it would seem as if I'm not the only one having difficulty with the multiplayer. Then again I don't want to jump to any conclusions because it is difficult to gauge the severity of the problem based on what I've been reading.

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Raiden36O

I have no insight but i am having the exact same problem. Multiplayer load screen is endless, i wait like 20 minutes, end up turning my xbox off - re try and its the same thing over and over again. Very disapointing, i was looking forward to playing the co-op, hopefully they will fix it soon.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs

Try uninstalling the DLC and see if the problem persists

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ApolloJ85

Enter a free roam session from single player instead of the title screen. It's the only method that's worked for me so far.

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By essd0g
    @Coombs: How would I do that on a PS3? Do I just delete the Red Dead Redemption file under "Game Data Utility" in the XMB? Because I've done that several times already.

Great, just when I stopped experiencing the loading issues it seems that now people are invisible to me in just about every other game I join... oh wait, no, the loading issues are back. False alarm.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By face15

Yeah, almost every time I try to enter a co-op mission it loads endlessly. I haven't experienced it in any other game modes though. I'm also using the PS3.

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By essd0g

Based on what I've been reading, it seems like some people don't experience glitches or loading issues with some game types but do with others. Some even manage to remedy the issue altogether somehow. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing these issues regardless of what mode I'm trying to play in or whether I access multiplayer from the title screen or via the pause menu in the single player game.

I hope this gets resolved soon because I've been itching to get some good multiplayer time in.

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By essd0g
    @face15: It seems to be working flawlessly for me now. I just played for about 2 hours and experienced no endless loads or glitches while in match. Give it a try, we're both playing on PS3 and seem to be having similar problems. It just might work for you now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.