Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Getting into multiplayer matches has been impossible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

When I search to get into a public free roam game (over xbox live) I am always greeted by the sign that says "You were removed from your session and returned to free roam due to connection issues with the other players" it then proceeds to load and repeat the same sign, I have even heard the in-game announcer talk while the sign was up one time. This issue been happening infrequently since launch and now it wont stop doing it so my question is- has this been happening to anyone else and what would be some suggestions to fix it?

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Linkin10362

One of my friends had this problems when he rented the game. It turned out he had a strict connection and couldn't get into any of the games due to it, so he had to open his ports up to allow him to get in.

So maybe check out your connection and see what it is at. If that's not the case, then I have no idea what else it could be.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By dillonwerner

Never had this problem, but do what Linkin10362 said and open ports.

RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By RBolduc625

I was having the same problem. It just started working for me yesterday for the first time. I was able to get into every match there was. Now, surviving it all the way through was another thing.

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By dantheman1515

Its your NAT. I had this problem, then I reset my router and haven't had a problem.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Malakhii

It's always those damn NATS yo.

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By doctorchin

You aren't alone, i know people who only seem to have a problem with this game. Odd stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@RBolduc625 said:
    " I was having the same problem. It just started working for me yesterday for the first time. I was able to get into every match there was. Now, surviving it all the way through was another thing. "
    Same thing happened to me yesterday, and I think that it has made me grateful to be able to even join games again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.