Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

I want more of this game!!!

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cubidog1

I would love a sequel or even substantial DLC set in the universe of RDR ala The Ballad of Gay Tony or The Lost and Damned. Undead Nightmare was excellent, but now I want more story in the RDR universe. It wouldn't even have to be in the same setting, but I would love it if I could meet returning characters. Maybe you could be a young John Marston in his gang, or maybe not. Basically, I just want more RDR story.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Poppduder

I agree. Just started playing it more myself. Getting buddies together for some mp is always fun. Make your own story that way

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Cubidog1 said:
    Maybe you could be a young John Marston in his gang
    Yes.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a prequel; I think they could do some great stuff with John's gang life and how it eventually came to an end.

I still need to buy Undead Nightmare.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Christoffer

I would really love some more RDR. Maybe it's space/fantasy fatigue but gimme some squeeky wagons and some ambient twang.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Eidderf

RDR was a pretty amazing game, one of my favourites in this line of consoles. I'm sure they'll work on some continuation of it once GTA is out of the way, especially considering it did very well for them in terms of sales. Perhaps it'll end up being Rockstar's first game on next gen platforms.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Cubidog1 said:
    Maybe you could be a young John Marston in his gang
    Yes.

While that would make for a cool game, it kinda kills the entire redemptive theme of the first game. When a game is as story driven as this is... that's the exact kind of sequel I wouldn't want to see.

Though that universe is of course ripe with characters and interesting settings, surely they could find a protagonist that wouldn't send a big middle finger to fans of the first game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By NTM

@xobballox said:

I want a sequel that is a prequel to the story

Totally contradictory.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Morrow

I would have liked RDR a lot more if there would have been more RPG elements... I bought it back when I was reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower. I was really immersed in that universe and felt a strong connection to Roland Deschain, although I never had any interest in a western setting. The wish to dive into a western-themed world was very strong back then, but unfortunately RDR wasn't really my kind of game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

You know what? I'd love to see Rockstar bring their talent in for a new franchise, in the sci-fi genre.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob

@NTM said:

@xobballox said:

Totally contradictory.

I think he wants a remake.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SSValis

@Jaytow said:

I don't think we'll be seeing red dead until 2014 ;[

I think we could see one next year actually. Obviously they're not going to release it within 6 months of GTA, but developers usually release games when there still on people's minds.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartanlolz92

i think theres a chance were gonna get a prequel

going back to john marstons life as an outlaw

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Ghostiet

Yes. Hell fucking yes. Red Dead Redemption is in the top 5 of my all time favorite games. Seeing a sequel, a prequel, a spiritual successor, whatever - would be great.

I myself fancy the idea of Jack Marston ending up as a full-on bounty hunter or something, but ending up in a gang, one way or the other. A struggle between cashing them in and staying with them would be intriguing.

@MysteriousBob said:

@NTM said:

@xobballox said:

Totally contradictory.

I think he wants a remake.

I think NTM is simply outraged by people not understanding what the "-quel" words actually mean. Like I am.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM said:

@xobballox said:

Totally contradictory.

Yep. I just woke up and made a dumb post, I am sorry.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

@Ghostiet: @xobballox: No, I don't really mind. I just thought I'd say it in case you really didn't know of the mistake. That's not to assume. It may be annoying, but I like to help by pointing out flaws on the internet sometimes. So I am sorry, I guess.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I just want a PC port.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

I think they could only do a prequel, not only is Jack not as interesting but the game ends just as that era is ending. Or you know they could do a completely different character in that setting, as they do with GTA.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

@xobballox: Also, I'm pretty sure what you meant to say is that you want another Dead Redemption that's a prequel. I know what you were trying to say, but still.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrockNRolla

It was fun while it lasted, but I have no interest in going back to that world. Undead Nightmare was a great take though.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghostiet
    @NTM said:

@Ghostiet: @xobballox: No, I don't really mind. I just thought I'd say it in case you really didn't know of the mistake. That's not to assume. It may be annoying, but I like to help by pointing out flaws on the internet sometimes. So I am sorry, I guess.

Don't apologize to me! I have the exact same problem.

...you wanna make out?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'd like another Red Dead game, but Marston and his gang would not be allowed near it. Their story is too well-crafted to be spoilt with a prequel, entering at exactly the perfect moment in his western epic.

No, a new Red Dead would have to have new characters, and (ostensibly) be based on different films. I'd love a game set in that genre inspired by Butch & Sundance, Ben Wade, Rooster Cogburn, or, if they wanted to make a really wild title, a game based on Will Kane. By the way, if you're not familiar with any of those characters, films, or, in the case of True Grit, the novel, go and get your hands on them. They are each excellent, and most of them are excellent almost beyond compare.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Little_Socrates said:

I'd like another Red Dead game, but Marston and his gang would not be allowed near it. Their story is too well-crafted to be spoilt with a prequel, entering at exactly the perfect moment in his western epic.

No, a new Red Dead would have to have new characters, and (ostensibly) be based on different films. I'd love a game set in that genre inspired by Butch & Sundance, Ben Wade, Rooster Cogburn, or, if they wanted to make a really wild title, a game based on Will Kane. By the way, if you're not familiar with any of those characters, films, or, in the case of True Grit, the novel, go and get your hands on them. They are each excellent, and most of them are excellent almost beyond compare.

A Cogburn-style character could be really fucking awesome. And I agree, stay away from Marston and the RDR story. It was so well done it should just be left alone for a good long while.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Anything like this would be great.

I can't go back to GTA IV because of RDR's better controls and I long for a good western game!

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#27  Edited By Little_Socrates

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Little_Socrates said:

A Cogburn-style character could be really fucking awesome. And I agree, stay away from Marston and the RDR story. It was so well done it should just be left alone for a good long while.

Yeah, the idea of playing one of those games as a U.S. Marshal is an extremely exciting proposition. Structurally, it could still be very similar to Red Dead still, as it'd be about tracking down and subduing the Most Wanted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.