Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Is ANYONE getting $200 dollar antes at Liar Dice?

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

When I first got to Thieves Landing and started playing Liar's Dice it was a $200 anti. Which was AWESOME. With two other players I came away with $400 everytime. Now that I started Mexico I went back and it dropped to a measly 20 bucks. Was it just a glitch that it was 200? Can I go somewhere else for $200 dollar ante in Liar's Dice. Thanks.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

The ante differs from town to town. Same with poker.

lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lolicanseeyou
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " When I first got to Thieves Landing and started playing Hair Lice it was a $200 anti.   
    lol
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jack_daniels
    @RedSox8933: I know, but it is now $20. What is the highest you have seen it at.
    Avisole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Avisole

It goes up to $200 when you are doing a certain story mission.  It goes back down to normal once you finish said mission.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's a shame you can't ever play for more than $20 because I love Liar's Dice.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

Oh really... I thought it was always at 200$ in Thieves Landing. That sucks :(

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jack_daniels
    @xyzygy: Get your money now. It sucks playing it when it goes back down. Its not worth anything. I could have gotten thousands but I squandered my chance. DAMN.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy
    @Jack_Daniels: I already beat the game and have over 12,000 dollars so i'm not really worried about money, it's just that it was fun winning that much :P The guy to your left was always so good at it. It was some black guy for me.
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jack_daniels
    @xyzygy: Really? I never lost. It was so easy. They never used the "dead on (or what ever its called)" option.
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jams

Since you guys are on the topic of Liars Dice, How does the game work? I swear to god Rockstar has theee worst tutorial for that mini game alone. I did win it once or twice, but I'm not sure I knew what the hell I was doing.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kazzurak
    @jams: Liars dice is the easiest and i understood the explanation basicly its the fact you are x number of guys sitting around a table, you all roll your 5 dices (lets say you are 3 persons including you), then some dude says i bet there is 2 number 1's you have to think if there is two 1's on the table, if you think there is exactly 2 you sya spot on (if this is true everbody but you loses a dice, if it is fake you lose a dice, simple) if you believe there is more 2's on the table you can bet a higher number of 2's or you can increase the eyes on the dice (by that i mean you can bet there is five 2's on the table or you can increase the dice nubmer (fx there is two six' on the table). This will force the next player to go even high (until someone says i dont believe it -) when this happends everybody show their dice and if the bet was true the person who called it fake loses a dice if it was false the perosn who called the bet loses a dice. 

Simple xD okay tired of writeing sorry if theres miss spelling but didnt have all night
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy
    @Jack_Daniels: I just took a while trying to understand the game from the terrible tutorial. I haven't even touched poker. I went in and they started throwing all these words at me and I just got so confused that I got my money back and left. I am dreading the achievement to win 2000 chips in poker.
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jack_daniels
    @xyzygy:  There is an achievment for that? Awesome!
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By George_Hukas

Even at $200 antes I was making more money with five finger fillet.. Liars Dice is fun but it simply takes too long to complete a game

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jack_daniels
    @cide: Yeah, I know what you mean. Man, I am getting good at hitting that final button combo for five finger fillet. Its crazy. Reminds me of playing  Through the Fire and Flames in Guitar hero.  
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @Jack_Daniels:
    During the "Lights, Camera, Action" stranger quest the antes were 200 for me. Do you have that quest active?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By trophyhunter

I've made 2000 bucks by just telling the truth the whole time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.