Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

PS3 Golden Guns Code

periscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By periscope

I pre-ordered RDR and ended up receiving two Golden Guns codes because of it (one in the box and one e-mailed to me from Amazon).

I assume they both work and since I only need one I thought I'd throw the other one up on the boards for anyone who's interested.

This is for the PS3 version of RDR in the US:  5YHB-ZL3E-DZBE-X65E

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kahoona

Same thing happened to me.  I still haven't received my gift card though.  Have you?

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Catarrhal

I get the impression this happened to all of us who pre-ordered from Amazon. The golden guns are pretty much useless to anyone who's started the game already, I should think… 
    @Kahoona:   You won't be receiving a "gift card." The credit is automatically applied to your next game purchase.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller
    @Catarrhal said:
    " @Kahoona: You won't be receiving a "gift card." The credit is automatically applied to your next game purchase. "
    ...I thought it said gift card when l preordered....must l now unleash a fiery terrible doom upon amazon?  A FIERY TERRIBLE DOOM!
    Adamant_Lungs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adamant_Lungs

I used the code so i would recommend no one else try to enter it...sorry :)

periscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By periscope

It did say a $20 gift card, you're right, it's applied to your Amazon account directly.  I haven't seen one show up on mine yet, but I think it can take up to 10 business days if I remember from my experience with the Heavy Rain pre-order bonus.

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kahoona

Well my friend ordered RDR on the Tuesday and he got his email about the gift card the same day.  I pre-ordered two months ago and only got an email for another golden gun code.  Perhaps it is an error on their part where they sent pre-orderers an extra golden gun code instead of a gift card code?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.