Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Sweet! RDR has Avatar Awards!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I just looted a chest in an abandoned settlement and found and Avatar Award. It's a nice little T-Shirt. Anyone found the others? There are 5 in total I think. If you want the location of the shirt just ask.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Oh yeah I've heard about them. I recall another user mentioning that you unlock an avi item for shooting off someones hat.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mmmslash

You also get one for shooting the hat off of someone's head.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Aw, lol. I did that in MP but not in SP. Guess I'll have to give that a shot. GET IT, SHOT! 

LIKE A GUN! 

I wonder what the other Avatar awards are.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kmdrkul

Yeah, I was surprised when it said I had unlocked one.  Haven't gone to see what it was that I got, but regardless, it's cool that they were included.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By carlthenimrod

Most avatar rewards are awful. I did unlock 1 but I didn't bother to check what it was. I know it is just some dumb t-shirt with a logo on it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " Most avatar rewards are awful. I did unlock 1 but I didn't bother to check what it was. I know it is just some dumb t-shirt with a logo on it. "
    Hey look. Someone's complaining about free stuff. Who'da thought!!
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By carlthenimrod

@xyzygy said:

" @carlthenimrod said:

" Most avatar rewards are awful. I did unlock 1 but I didn't bother to check what it was. I know it is just some dumb t-shirt with a logo on it. "

Hey look. Someone's complaining about free stuff. Who'da thought!! "
    If you like free shit so much I can always take a dump in a box and mail it to you.
    Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @carlthenimrod: 
    hes right. its not likely your going to put it on your avatar anyways. and it is free. you dont loose anything obtaining it. if you poop in a box. and mail it to me id just trow it away. if it were to even make it to my mailbox.
    oh and id probably poop in a box and send it back.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By carlthenimrod

@PNut_Buttr_Panda said:

" @carlthenimrod:  hes right. its not likely your going to put it on your avatar anyways. and it is free. you dont loose anything obtaining it. if you poop in a box. and mail it to me id just trow it away. if it were to even make it to my mailbox. oh and id probably poop in a box and send it back. "

The fact that it is free doesn't change the fact that it is crap. You know what else is free? Playstation Home. Want to know what else is crap? You guessed it. Playstation Home. 

The only point I was making is that avatar awards are usually crappy and because of this I don't even bother to check anymore. I'm not sure what point you guys are trying to make. Avatar awards could actually be a cool thing if they gave you something meaningful for accomplishing something. I thought gamers would want to see this potential realized and not take a shitty t-shirt someone squeezed out in 30 seconds. Guess I was wrong. You guys can go back to enjoying your free avatar hoodies that say 'Halo Reach Beta Tester' on them. I'm sure you'll get a nice t-shirt with the Doritos logo on it next month or so. Hooray!
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

The sombrero is cool....

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @carlthenimrod: 
    our point is is that your bitching about something thats not worth bitching about... if anything one thing you should learn in life. is that if its free. its probably poop. why spend money making anything that has a guaranteed profit return of 0. if you dont like it dont use it. so stop bitching.

and no. im not part of the reach beta so dont be so pompous. i hate the halos period. and doritos are awesome...the only thing more powerful than a dorito is of course a reeses cup.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By carlthenimrod

@PNut_Buttr_Panda said:

" @carlthenimrod:  our point is is that your bitching about something thats not worth bitching about... if anything one thing you should learn in life. is that if its free. its probably poop. why spend money making anything that has a guaranteed profit return of 0. if you dont like it dont use it. so stop bitching. and no. im not part of the reach beta so dont be so pompous. i hate the halos period. and doritos are awesome...the only thing more powerful than a dorito is of course a reeses cup. "

I'm on an internet forum. I will bitch and complain all I like sir. Regardless of whether it is free or not.

Also, I don't get the free angle when you have to purchase the game for the privilege to unlock them. So does that make all extra unlocks in games free? But I digress, if something is awful I will identify it as such. Free or not. I have actually got some great 'free' stuff from games before such as my Klungo saves the world gamer-pic and my 'Splosion Man theme.
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ttocs
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "  @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:

" @carlthenimrod:  our point is is that your bitching about something thats not worth bitching about... if anything one thing you should learn in life. is that if its free. its probably poop. why spend money making anything that has a guaranteed profit return of 0. if you dont like it dont use it. so stop bitching. and no. im not part of the reach beta so dont be so pompous. i hate the halos period. and doritos are awesome...the only thing more powerful than a dorito is of course a reeses cup. "

I'm on an internet forum. I will bitch and complain all I like sir. Regardless of whether it is free or not.   Also, I don't get the free angle when you have to purchase the game for the privilege to unlock them. So does that make all extra unlocks in games free? But I digress, if something is awful I will identify it as such. Free or not. I have actually got some great 'free' stuff from games before such as my Klungo saves the world gamer-pic and my 'Splosion Man theme. "
    Someone is quite bitter.  I'm guessing you bought the Assassin's Creed full outfit or something and then realized you didn't like it?  Why come down on others so hard for getting excited over something.  If you don't like avatar awards or the avatar system, ignore it.  Some people like it.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By nanikore

Avatars and the clothes associated with them are dumb.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By xMP44x
    @carlthenimrod said:
    I'm on an internet forum. I will bitch and complain all I like sir. Regardless of whether it is free or not.   Also, I don't get the free angle when you have to purchase the game for the privilege to unlock them. So does that make all extra unlocks in games free? But I digress, if something is awful I will identify it as such. Free or not. I have actually got some great 'free' stuff from games before such as my Klungo saves the world gamer-pic and my 'Splosion Man theme. "
    It is a free award that you get in a game. Do you pay for the game or for the awards? If you're paying for the awards you're doing it wrong. Avatar Awards are like Gamerscore, except with more value in the sense they contribute to something. Do you have to like them? No. There are free themes and Gamerpics, and I prefer those myself. There are free avatar awards, and they're available to anyone who owns the game and wants to use them. 

Will I be using my logo t-shirt? Of course not. I like my PAX East 2010 hoodie better. At the same time though, you're welcome to dislike the avatar awards. But continuing to go on about them is pointless. You can't change an opinion through bitching.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By carlthenimrod

@ttocs said:

" Someone is quite bitter.  I'm guessing you bought the Assassin's Creed full outfit or something and then realized you didn't like it?  Why come down on others so hard for getting excited over something.  If you don't like avatar awards or the avatar system, ignore it.  Some people like it. "

I didn't realize I was coming down 'so hard' on you guys by stating my opinion. It goes both ways. You can ignore my posts the same way you suggested I ignore avatar awards.  

@xMP44x

said:

" It is a free award that you get in a game. Do you pay for the game or for the awards? If you're paying for the awards you're doing it wrong. Avatar Awards are like Gamerscore, except with more value in the sense they contribute to something. Do you have to like them? No. There are free themes and Gamerpics, and I prefer those myself. There are free avatar awards, and they're available to anyone who owns the game and wants to use them.   Will I be using my logo t-shirt? Of course not. I like my PAX East 2010 hoodie better. At the same time though, you're welcome to dislike the avatar awards. But continuing to go on about them is pointless. You can't change an opinion through bitching. "

I didn't purchase RDR for avatar awards, nonetheless, in order to access them you have to buy the game. I don't consider it 'free'. It's an extra. I would bitch about achievements the same way if they were awful. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway? Crappy achievements. See? I did it. I'm not looking to change opinions here; I'm just stating mine. You guys are entitled to like and dislike what you want. I never said otherwise.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Rockdalf
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "   @ttocs said:

" Someone is quite bitter.  I'm guessing you bought the Assassin's Creed full outfit or something and then realized you didn't like it?  Why come down on others so hard for getting excited over something.  If you don't like avatar awards or the avatar system, ignore it.  Some people like it. "

I didn't realize I was coming down 'so hard' on you guys by stating my opinion. It goes both ways. You can ignore my posts the same way you suggested I ignore avatar awards.  

@xMP44x

said:

" It is a free award that you get in a game. Do you pay for the game or for the awards? If you're paying for the awards you're doing it wrong. Avatar Awards are like Gamerscore, except with more value in the sense they contribute to something. Do you have to like them? No. There are free themes and Gamerpics, and I prefer those myself. There are free avatar awards, and they're available to anyone who owns the game and wants to use them.   Will I be using my logo t-shirt? Of course not. I like my PAX East 2010 hoodie better. At the same time though, you're welcome to dislike the avatar awards. But continuing to go on about them is pointless. You can't change an opinion through bitching. "

I didn't purchase RDR for avatar awards, nonetheless, in order to access them you have to buy the game. I don't consider it 'free'. It's an extra. I would bitch about achievements the same way if they were awful. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway? Crappy achievements. See? I did it. I'm not looking to change opinions here; I'm just stating mine. You guys are entitled to like and dislike what you want. I never said otherwise. "
    I dislike your opinion that anyone gives a damn what you have to say about shitting in boxes.  Just stop posting and learn to enjoy things a little more, rather than bitching about getting optional goodies they give every player and some people actually enjoy.  I'm still wearing my MTG tee shirt and using the prop from the same game.

Also, L4D2 avatar awards invalidate your point that avatar awards suck in general.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @xyzygy said:
    " I just looted a chest in an abandoned settlement and found and Avatar Award.
    That's the coolest implementation I've heard of yet.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @Rockdalf said:
    " I dislike your opinion that anyone gives a damn what you have to say about shitting in boxes.  Just stop posting and learn to enjoy things a little more, rather than bitching about getting optional goodies they give every player and some people actually enjoy.  I'm still wearing my MTG tee shirt and using the prop from the same game.  Also, L4D2 avatar awards invalidate your point that avatar awards suck in general. "
    I love you too. You keep reading 'em and I'll keep posting 'em. Seriously, I've been enjoying RDR very much so. I just think the awards are crap.

Believe it or not, I'm glad to hear some games have good awards. I primarily play Left 4 Dead 2 on PC so I have never seen said awards. I don't think avatar awards suck in general. Just that most games tend to implement them poorly. So much so that I don't bother to check what I have unlocked anymore.
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Daryl

Got a hat during the second Marshal mission. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @carlthenimrod: Say that to my Depeche Mode t-shirt's face!!
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By mracoon

Toy Soldiers had some pretty neat Avatar Awards.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " I just looted a chest in an abandoned settlement and found and Avatar Award.
    That's the coolest implementation I've heard of yet. "
    Yeah it was really surprising... it was this settlement where a battle must have took place years ago, there are old cannons and cannon balls lying around the place, a trench, and some small huts. The chest was in a larger building near the back. It was very quiet and when the notification popped up it kinda startled me :P
    CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CapnThrash

just shot the hat off some dude and got a sombrero. 

Velutha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Velutha
    @wolf_blitzer85:  Yes!  The T Shirts are dumb (although I put it on my avatar so I'm a sucker for em) but the Sombrero is sweet.  The text on the shirt is so small you can barely read it anyway.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy

Hey, I'm just wondering what the PS3 version has in place of these. Anyone know?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xyzygy said:
    " Hey, I'm just wondering what the PS3 version has in place of these. Anyone know? "
    Nothin. Lol. We just get trophies. And Crappy Exclusive DLC. 
    Avatar image for scottydoentknow
    Scottydoentknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Scottydoentknow
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " The sombrero is cool.... "
    agreed
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Hey, I'm just wondering what the PS3 version has in place of these. Anyone know? "
    Nothin. Lol. We just get trophies. And Crappy Exclusive DLC.  "
    from my understanding the ps3 has the same avatar awards for HOME.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Nothin. Lol. We just get trophies. And Crappy Exclusive DLC.  "
    from my understanding the ps3 has the same avatar awards for HOME. "
    I found a HOME related thing in an attic.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @xyzygy said:
    " Aw, lol. I did that in MP but not in SP. Guess I'll have to give that a shot. GET IT, SHOT!  LIKE A GUN!  "

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@carlthenimrod said:
    "  @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:

No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By jakob187

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.