Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Thieves Landing hates me

Avatar image for russianblue8181
    russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By russianblue8181

I don't know why, but occasionally, when I ride into Thieves'  Landing, half the town starts shooting at me, especially those around the saloon.  Any idea why this would happen?  The only time I survived this, I ran into the room that I purchased, saved, and then came out.  Luckily, my attackers had forgotten why they hated me. 

Again, any idea why this is happening?  I'm fairly early in the game, easily pre-Mexico, although I've just completed Irish's mission where you get the gatling gun.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Yeah, that happened to me too, not sure why.  

I did beat the shit out of everyone in the saloon, though...

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ryax

never happened to me because i dont suck and i killed everyone as soon as i got there

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

That has happened to me once. But even more annoying is the incredible framerate drop in Thieves' Landing. I usually just zoom on past the entire place to avoid that.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RsistncE

I know that this happened to me also...after I Dead Eye'd the entire saloon. It was super satisfying taking out most everyone in that room in a 5 second span and then shooting my way out of the town.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I think it's related to having a high honor rating, but that's just a guess. Try wearing a gang outfit or bandana before entering town. I've only had gang members shoot at me there, so I assumed it was just because I was a "good guy" and they were "bad guys." I haven't played through the game as a bad guy yet.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowKing7

I'm pretty sure it has to do with having high honor and being good since, you know, Thieves Landing is basically populated by bad guys.  Best thing to do to my knowledge is equip the bandana before entering town, that's what I always do.  If that doesn't prevent them from shooting at you, at least you can't lose any honor from killing them with the bandana equipped.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, it happens. It also started happening to me in Mexico, too. I think it was in the town of Chuparosa. I kept killing these bad guys, but they just kept coming, so I had to split.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

High Honor.

Avatar image for russianblue8181
    russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By russianblue8181

The honor thing makes sense, guys.  Thanks.  In the future, I'll just bandana it up to avoid having to fight my way in or out of the whole damn town. 

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oobs

I think it happens if you have a high good honor i think,..i just join in the gunplay seems you just get caught in the cross fire..and you loose honor also i think too
    Avatar image for relentlessknight
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By RelentlessKnight

what are you guys talking about, if you have high honour then people going to start dueling with you not go hostile.. I never encounter the bad guys shooting at me for no reason and only have seen them tearing the town apart like in Armando

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.