Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Wasting resources on MP DLC

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackJedi

Why are they wasting there resources, time and effort on MP DLC? I barely see anyone on the MP anyway 7 at most lets be honest the root of  RDR greatness is the SP so why aren't they making SP DLC? I thought the zombie thing would of been SP but when I herd its MP most def aint getting it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

The zombie DLC pack will feature single player elements aswell. All the new animals and crypts will be added to the single player world. They'll probably be a few stranger missions maybe too, I'd guess.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

I don't understand Rockstar's fascination with breaking into multiplayer. They're known for their single player stuff, that's why people pay attention and if anything, this second rate multiplayer stuff is more of a hinderance.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Helimocopter

I actually really enjoy the multiplayer, and there are usually a fairly large amount of people in the lobbies i visit
    but i play with friends alot, so you're mileage may vary

Nemesis274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Nemesis274

No one plays, you say? Well, to be fair, plenty do play RDR on multiplayer. The main issue to be had is that you won't always be in a free roam with a lot of players.  Though with friends who have the game with ya, it's all easy 

But I do agree to an extent on what you said. For one, since I beat the game, it left me wanting more of the single player. I want more missions and stuff since it's just that good. 

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By manhattan_project
    @Helimocopter said:
    " I actually really enjoy the multiplayer, and there are usually a fairly large amount of people in the lobbies i visit but i play with friends alot, so you're mileage may vary "
    Same here. 

@BlackJedi:
     I don't know what you're talking about I never have to wait more than a min or two to find other players.
    Nemesis274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Nemesis274
    @Manhattan_Project: I do when I would have to load a new free roam for me to go to. In the end, all I had to do was change my character on the outfitter. lol
    AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AnimalFather

the greatness of RDR isnt the gameplay although its a lot more smoother than GTAIV still it has problems. i dont think rockstar understands that. 

and is anybody still playing gta iv mp?
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Agree 1000% with the OP. I haven't touched this game since June after having loved it and playing the Hell out of it. Rockstar's thinking is ass backwards. The new DLC caters to the griefer douche bags that pretty much make up what there is of the multiplayer. They have actually made achievements encouraging you to be a dickhead in free roam! By the time the good single player DLC comes out I'll be pre-occupied with other Fall releases and have no time to bother with RDR. Well played Rockstar...

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

I don't know; it might be some crazy executive pushing multiplayer.  I'm not familiar with the company.  A smaller group of guys might be trying to cut their teeth on some multiplayer.  Maybe they ran out of good ideas for single player.

Mere speculation doesn't accomplish much, though.  Does anyone knows more about the situation than I do?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.