Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

So...... I heard this game was for PC?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah, I heard this game was for PC. Games for windows - Live in fact, so when I go onto steam to buy it and the page reads, " available 2009."

Then I thought maybe this is because its steam, so I look for it at best buy and its not there either.

Can someone tell me why this isn't out for PC now?

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Babble
    @Seedofpower said:
    " Yeah, I heard this game was for PC. Games for windows - Live in fact, so when I go onto steam to buy it and the page reads, " available 2009."Then I thought maybe this is because its steam, so I look for it at best buy and its not there either.Can someone tell me why this isn't out for PC now? "
    The PC version isn't released until August 25th. The later release is due to extra development time needed to get it on the PC (or atleast that's what I have heard).
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Babble:  Makes no sense to me, I thought games were made on computers, with any excuse its still lame.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond
    @Seedofpower said:
    " @Babble:  Makes no sense to me, I thought games were made on computers, with any excuse its still lame. "
    It comes down to the vast variety of components possible for a PC, extra coding and testing is required.  Additionally they have to make (from scratch) lower end settings for low end hardware that they don't have to make for the 360 or PS3 versions.

Finally it's possible they also delay the PC release further because of the larger piracy scene on PC, and they want to get as many sales as possible.

Games are made on computers (btw, 360 and PS3 are computers), but they're not always made on IBM PCs, and they're often not made FOR IBM PCs, that's the difference.
    Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Impossibilium

Well because PC users had to wait this long you get the benefit of it being cheaper than the console version, which is why pre-orders at GoGamer are $30.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.