anubis_dragoon's Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) review

Pure Destruction and Bliss

This game appeals to the desire of destroying absolutely everything.  The story is so-so, but the physics and fun more than make up for it.  You can go through with your hammer and slam down buildings, or you can carefully place charges and move hydrogen tanks to maximize death and destruction.  Sometimes it feels like its very easy to die, but the save system and checkpoint system mean you don't have to do everything over again.  The salvage system offers very nice options for upgrading you and your weapons.  I really hope they bring on some DLC for this, because I want more RFG.

Other reviews for Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360)

Red Faction: Guerrilla Makes Open-Worlding Fun Again 0

Although Red Faction: Guerrilla will always be known first and foremost as a game about blowing stuff up, it should also be hailed for breaking the bonds of the open world genre. Don't get me wrong, the results of rocket-launching, bomb-laying and nano-reducing 99.9% of the objects on the terrain are an absolute blast to play with (no pun intended) and well worth the standard fare for a 360 title all by themselves. Surely the developers knew that this was going to be the best part of the game, s...