Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Can I Dead Rising this?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I picked this up on PS3 for a couple of bucks on sale (which is still current at the time of this posting by the way) and having a ton of fun. I hit a part which is a bit harder and I noticed earlier the game saves inventory separately. The question is: can I, after selecting my save, pick a new game option and start over with my inventory and upgrades?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes you can, due to the way the inventory/NG+ elements work, anything you pick up stays with you on any playthrough, so you could be halfway through the game on your very first play and go back to any chapter you've unlocked (on any of the difficulties) and you would still have what you acquired that you haven't used/gotten rid of.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Quipido

@zolroyce: Great, thanks!!

EDIT: Just to confirm for no good reason, I started over and everything carried over. The part I hit before was not even that hard, but I was in a mood to just put a podcast on and grind some upgrade money. And with the chapter select feature this gets even better and more flexibe, not having to straight up restart.

All and all this is a pretty great game, especially for 6 bucks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.