Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

X-Play Gives Resident Evil 5 A 3 out of 5 (Video)

• 104 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By jakob187
    DarkGamerOO7 said:
    "I really honestly can't see walking and shooting working in Resident Evil game, it just wouldn't feel right. It would be like giving Sam Fisher a rocket launcher......"
    Best comparison EVER!!!
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Moeez

Great review, deserved the score, it's just big dumb fun now instead of being a RE game. Which is fine, but...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By pause422

The review is completely justified, even if you love the game and have no problem with it being RE4 in HD with co-op and thats it. It deserves what it got.

JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

It's understandable that they've given it a 3/5
    at least that's way more reasonable than Brad's 5/5 (not dissing :P)

Let's all face it, it's no where near perfect, and from what I've seen
    RE5 - (New Inventory Management + "Realistic" Weapons + Sheva + Online Coop + More action) + Horror + OK storyline + Story from another perspective = RE4
    not too much of additions and a couple of step backs, it's not surprise someone believe that that it deserves a 3/5

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

I don't agree with most of what he said (in the X-Play Review).  I don't think Sheva's AI is all terrible.  Using the invetory is not hard, co-op or not.  I agree that it is mostly linear and the puzzles are simple, but it is still really fun to solve them, especially when the other player must be killing zombies to save both your lives.  The biggest downer of this game for me was that I had no trouble with any boss fights, except the final boss, which was a very boring fight anyway. 

Going on X-Play's 5 star system, I would give it a 4/5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.