No Claire?

#1 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -

After watching the Captivate trailer and thinking wether this game will be any good something crossed my mind. No mention at all of Claire Redfield. She was just as important to Resi 2 as Leon. It would make more sense for Umbrella to also try and hunt her down. Capture her and try and drag Chris out of hiding after the events of RE1. At the start of RE2 Leon is kind of a nobody. A rookie starting in Racoon. Why would umbrella be hunting him down?

Maybe I'm just over thinking this and Claire may be revealed at a later date.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (22507 posts) -

This isn't canon, so maybe they'll decide to cut her out entirely. Or she'll be revealed in an eventual trailer and they're mostly banking on Leon's popularity within the series for now. They did mention you'll meet famous ''characters'' of the series so I'm strongly expecting her to appear. Hopefully Jill and the UBCS team will also make an appearance as well.

#3 Posted by Shimastu (35 posts) -

Well actually there is nothing saying it isn't canon. Because they don't specify when you are fighting leon since it could be before leon and claire meet up. I'm excited to see how it turns out and more excited on the game play!

#4 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@Abyssfull:  I do hope billy returns, I have been waiting for his presence in a Resident Evil game for years now :3
He isn't a famous character though.... :(
#5 Posted by Yummylee (22507 posts) -
@Shimastu said:
" Well actually there is nothing saying it isn't canon.  "
The fact that you can kill Leon clearly establishes that this isn't canon. 

@Resident4t said:
" @Abyssfull:  I do hope billy returns, I have been waiting for his presence in a Resident Evil game for years now :3He isn't a famous character though.... :( "
I liked Billy too =( And yeah, I wouldn't expect to see him again outside of lesser projects like a new Mercenaries game maybe, or something similar. Guy's long gone if RE0's ending is to hold true. Would be nice if we least had some kind of epilogue to explain what did happen: if he died, left the country or whatever.
#6 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

I would be surprised if she was MIA all together. 

#7 Posted by MatPaget (1112 posts) -

I am NOT buying this game if the perverted gun shop owner doesn't make an appearance.

#8 Posted by blazininfernus86 (1 posts) -

Claire will make an appearance in the game like Leon will. it was mentioned in a gametrailers.com interview.

#9 Posted by HIEDIAROBALX (42 posts) -

or they probaly dont want her dead

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.