I am obsessed with Mercs 3D

#1 Posted by normalpants (166 posts) -

Picked up a 3DS on the cheap before the Ambassador cutoff.  I picked up Ocarina of Time, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, and Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D.  Maybe it's because my expectations were low because of the low review scores, but I am shocked by how addicted I am to Mercs 3D.  It's basically Resident Evil Horde mode with online co-op and an addictive leveling/perk system and that is exactly what makes it so great.  I love being able to cap some zombies online on a lunch break.  It looks gorgeous too.  If this sounds interesting to you, it's definitely worth checking out.   

Just wanted to throw in my two cents because there's a lot more to love here than the low reviews might suggest!  

#2 Posted by Lukeweizer (2587 posts) -

Or you work for Capcom...

#3 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I would expect to pay over £100 for this, are you telling me that I can get the game and the case for just a small price of £30, and I also get a free T-Shirt!?

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Cool, I guess. I didn't care for mercenaries in RE 4 and 5 and that goes triple for the rip off 3DS spin-off. The reviews are spot on.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I would expect to pay over £100 for this, are you telling me that I can get the game and the case for just a small price of £30, and I also get a free T-Shirt!?

Yes I do, Kevin! and if you order now you will receive these beautiful kitchen knives at no extra cost!

#6 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: What great value!

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (3855 posts) -

Nice to see someone is enjoying it!

#8 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I'll definitely buy it if I ever get a 3DS. For now I will just play RE5's mercenaries mode.

#9 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (95 posts) -

i dont got a 3ds caus i ddont have no reason too but i think the game looks okay. lt looks more excitin than normal resident eviL! but i would much rathr play a real horde mode u kno?

#10 Posted by Winger (151 posts) -

If it's anything like the RE5 mercenaries I can understand.

I've played that all fucking day with a good friend, a lot of people just don't ''get it''. It is really fun and addictive.

#11 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:

i dont got a 3ds caus i ddont have no reason too but i think the game looks okay. lt looks more excitin than normal resident eviL! but i would much rathr play a real horde mode u kno?

Are you serious?

#12 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:

Are you serious?

Weed bro had way more class.

#13 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (95 posts) -
@RE_Player92@Afroman269:  

yeah im jus sayin that there are gamez that shoud have horde modes (GEARS OF WAR) because their gamez that maek sense for it. res evil doesnt really its kinda more exciting, yeah, but i dunno that that makes it better. sometimes slowly and scary is better! i guess as long as ur havin fun dats all dat matters tho
#14 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

@CallofSpartansofWar1337: I was talking about your spelling mistakes.

#15 Posted by DeF (4778 posts) -

I never got into the mercenaries mode in any of the RE games ... I guess I'm one of the people who don't "get it" :)

#16 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

Reading someone say they genuinely enjoy it, I suddenly don't feel so bad for wanting to get the game myself. Now if only it wasn't 40 dollars.

#17 Posted by Brendan (7669 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

@CallofSpartansofWar1337: I was talking about your spelling mistakes.

Haven't you gone through this on multiple threads now? Maybe you haven't, but I've seen this scenario on multiple threads, and I don't think it's going to change.

#18 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

It's kinda sad, but I still want to get this game. I'm weighing this game and OoT in my head and see which one I want. I never played mercenaries for 4 or 5. But I'm kinda curious how it plays. I just might get it so I can have something to blow off stress with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.