Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Is the online any good, worth a online pass purchase?

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobcat1794

I picked up this game used on thursday and have basically just been playing the story but when i went to try online they said it required an online pass. Well despite buying it used it actually had 3 online passes in the case, sadly none of them worked. I then headed over to PSN to buy one but the online pass was ten dollars so i didnt want to buy it for a multiplayer that might suck. So i was wondering if the multiplayer is fun, addicting, and worthwhile. SO i s the multiplayer worth it?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

I played the beta so I'm not the best advice but it seemed fine. Felt kinda like call of dutyish with some interesting changes in powers and killstreaks. But it certainly has a cod feel to it.

Overall. Not bad but not original

Again I only played the beta so it may have been changed

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

I enjoyed my time playing it, it is a nice change from the Call of Duty style of multiplayer.

But not worth paying for an online pass.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Resistance 3 didn't exactly set the world on fire when it came out right? Multiplayer will most likely be dead within 6 months, if it's not already.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heltom92

Yea the MP is fun but it is very similar to CoD and obviously not as popular. It is a shame cos I really liked R3 overall and it didn't get the attention it deserved.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

There is an inherent satisfaction to nailing an actual person with a Bullseye tag and then unloading the rest of the magazine on their helpless, flailing bodies.  I think there is a lot of enjoyment to be gotten out of the multiplayer, but there isn't anything new and spectacular to be seen if you've played any of the major multiplayer shooters.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Resistance 3 didn't exactly set the world on fire when it came out right? Multiplayer will most likely be dead within 6 months, if it's not already.

The series has a rather hardcore following that will keep playing it until the next PS3 iteration. They did it with the first one, they did it with the second one, and they're doing it now.

OP: Yes, it still has a fair number of people playing. I've played it some and it's what would happen if Call of Duty and Halo had a red-headed stepchild that was almost, but not quite, as competent as its parents. Of course Call of Duty is the bitch in that relationship.

Back on topic, my brother has played the hell out of it. It's fun, I just don't find it as addicting as, say, Battlefield or Call of Duty or Halo. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest just getting BF Bad Company 2 or BF3 if you wanted a multiplayer shooter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.