Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resonance of Fate

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 28, 2010

A "gun battle" RPG developed at tri-Ace in collaboration with SEGA.

I'm starting to get weary

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

40 hours into this game and I've only just beaten Chapter 8's boss. Man there's so much stuff to do but fuck it's starting to feel a little bit boring running up to form the triangle and hit tri-attack every time I get into a fight. Maybe it's not helping that I'm actually grinding the bloody Arena challenges so I can the stupid scope. I'm starting to doubt myself if I'll ever finish this game - even more so since I am battling against God's will as my PS3 actually suffering from intermittent YLOD.

Also, what the hell is up with the difficulty in this game? It fluctuates. Like one section I am just blazing bad-dudes with ease and then suddenly I see an encounter that has me fighting 3x of Chapter 7's boss, or 4x of Chapter 6 bosses (This was in the Arena Rank 25-3 just to warn you). Maybe they are peons, but fuck the bosses are just so much tougher it's almost unfair.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Hah...wait until you find out the game has 10 progressively harder settings...get ready to play this game 9 more times!  :)

The trophy/achievement only asks for a second run though.  >.>

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By agentboolen

Wow sounds fun I'll have to pick this one up ::ROFL::

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By white

Well I am now at hour 80. Currently at Chapter 16 but I don't feel like going to the last area just yet. Been trying to gather the best parts for my handguns - which is kinda silly cause I can only use one handgun as I'm rocking duo-dual-SMGs. But the collector in me wants to prep all I can for Neverland. MJ Awaits.

Also, grind the Arena if you care. It helps with the leveling. My dudes are 230, 230 and 238 now. Rank 45 of the challenges alone is great for leveling up. One kill levels your handgun up 6 levels from lvl 50.

EDIT: Well. I've beatened the game now. Final clock at 83h - beaten everything including Neverland, which I may add is really taxing on the mind.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Anyone going to do a full 10 time run of this game or just do the second run for the trophy?  

Kinda bummed they aren't giving a trophy for all 10 runs...makes doing it pointless.  >.>

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By shirogane
    @KaosAngel said:
    "Anyone going to do a full 10 time run of this game or just do the second run for the trophy?    Kinda bummed they aren't giving a trophy for all 10 runs...makes doing it pointless.  >.> "

But if they did, it would be as insane as Star Ocean. Seriously, who bothered to get the 'All battle trophies' achievement/trophy? 
    Also, if there was a trophy for completing them all, would you actually want to do it?
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Shirogane said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    "Anyone going to do a full 10 time run of this game or just do the second run for the trophy?    Kinda bummed they aren't giving a trophy for all 10 runs...makes doing it pointless.  >.> "
    But if they did, it would be as insane as Star Ocean. Seriously, who bothered to get the 'All battle trophies' achievement/trophy? Also, if there was a trophy for completing them all, would you actually want to do it? "
    It would make me reconsider it...and maybe try it.  I heard the game just gets harder and harder and harder each new run, so if you do the math and think just pure speed run perfecting:

40 hours (I know it's low!) with 10 runs is about 400 hours.  That be a lot of hours to waste.  >.>

Seriously though, who is even going to attempt the full 10 runs?! 
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Teran
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Anyone going to do a full 10 time run of this game or just do the second run for the trophy?    Kinda bummed they aren't giving a trophy for all 10 runs...makes doing it pointless.  >.> "
    No more pointless than playing the game 10 times for a trophy that says you played through the game 10 times...

I know what you're saying though, only true hardcore fans of the game will actually do that.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#9  Edited By vigorousjammer

I agree... they really need more totally hardcore achievements like that.
    all of these easy achievements blow.  Good thing Giantbomb has rarity ratings for their achievement lists ;-}

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

Or are you starting to get Sweary?

Ummm, guys?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.