Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

GH3 Guitars with Rock Band 2?

grievous113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By grievous113

Have they announced if you will be able to use your GH3 guitars with RB2? I have two of them and was hoping they would. I know they can not be used with RB1 but hoping it will be for RB2.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

Which system are you talking about?

According to these charts: http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

the only system that the Les Paul doesn't work on is the Wii, but it also says it will work with RB 2. The PS3 RB/Les Paul compatibilityis still unknown as well, but since it worked for RB 1 I don't see why it wouldn't for RB 2. Should work fine for everything else.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I'm using my GH3 wireless Les Paul for the 360 version of Rock Band 2, so for that combination, yes.

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Foil1212

Yup, I was playing with two wireless guitar hero controllers a couple weeks ago.

LokiZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LokiZee

Rock Band 2 guitars work. Don't see why 3 wouldn't. Rock Band is cool like that. But try playing Guitar Hero with a Rock Band guitar. Ouch!

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Timma1083

Guitar Hero 3 guitars work on ALL SYSTEMS. I use it on the 360, and HMX released a patch to make GH3 guitars work on PS3 (well for RB1, so RB2 they should work) And recently HMX released a statement saying that the GH3 Wii guitars will work on Rock Band 2.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny

They work, I tested it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.