Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Song Stats

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By A Likely Story

Unfortunately, as I am sure most of you know, Rock Band 2's stat tracking for songs is even more limited than Rock Band's, which is a major let down considering the first Rock Band only kept record of your high score and stars (per difficulty).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be stoked to have an in depth stat page for each song that kept track of things including high score, lowest score, stars, longest streak, percent (with notes hit/total notes and with three digits like 99.9%), etc. I think it would be interesting to see all of this.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon
    Hobbies said:
    "Unfortunately, as I am sure most of you know, Rock Band 2's stat tracking for songs is even more limited than Rock Band's, which is a major let down considering the first Rock Band only kept record of your high score and stars (per difficulty).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be stoked to have an in depth stat page for each song that kept track of things including high score, lowest score, stars, longest streak, percent (with notes hit/total notes and with three digits like 99.9%), etc. I think it would be interesting to see all of this."
    I agree, I was majorly disappointed with how RB2 handles songs you've played. I wish we could easily see how many stars we got on the damn songs at least, even RB1 had that. I was making a decent effort to gold star stuff in RB1, but now it's such a pain to figure out which ones you've done already I've basically given up with doing that in 2.

Maybe one day HMX will see the error in their ways and patch it? We've seen they can add fairly major features via patch, like the store. Probably wishful thinking...
    sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sdodd02
    tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tds418

I completely agree...I have and use ScoreHero but it's nice to have it in game too.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By A Likely Story

I know about ScoreHero, but quite frankly I'm not going to waste my time manually plugging in and updating any scores I get. Plus it only keeps track of your score, stars, streak (I think), and date achieved (not saying I wouldn't settle for that in Rock Band, I'd just like more).

I honestly can only imagine a patch for somehow adding in stars would be in the future, but even then I see only a slight chance.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By A Likely Story

Nice blog post, LCad. My time with Rock Band 2 will most likely hinder as well because of this.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By A Likely Story

That would be another nice addition. I think a ton of people would laugh at how much time they spent trying to get past the zigzag solo on GGaHT!

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By faustyn

well i don't really care about that stuff. i mean it's pretty neat in guitar hero to see every single stat of the song etc. but it's not really that important to me.

also rock band is not really a competetive game. you don't have to be totally awesome to play it and it's not really that difficult to finish everything on expert. harmonix is trying to make a game for everyone. casual players and some better ones. they're not putting tracks that are totally crazy on guitar because it's not the point. they want mediocre people playing on expert to be able to see those gold stars. you still need some skills to do that. but if you want stats and competition - guitar hero is waiting.

maybe they could put something like Platinum Stars or something like that for 100% FC? i dunno. but like i said...it would be nice to have more stats but it's not really that important to me.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By A Likely Story

Stats aren't necessarily there for competitive reasons, especially some of the ones we're asking for in this thread.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah it's neat to have and I hope they patch it but I don't think that will affect the I spend with the game. Someone should complain to Harmonix and maybe they patch it and make it the guitar hero way.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By faustyn
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Yeah it's neat to have and I hope they patch it but I don't think that will affect the I spend with the game. Someone should complain to Harmonix and maybe they patch it and make it the guitar hero way."

harmonix usually listen to what we say. so i guess if enough people would complain about stats harmonix would do sth about it. 

Hobbies said:

"Stats aren't necessarily there for competitive reasons, especially some of the ones we're asking for in this thread."

so i guess some special stars for 100% FC is something you might be interested in? :D

btw. long time no see Hobbies. i still remember your old avatar with the bomb thing ;D cheers

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By A Likely Story

Stars that represent 100% would be nice, but I'm not sure how they would implement them with gold stars already there. Since you can gold star most (if not all) songs without FCing them, what happens when you both gold star and 100% a song?

And yes, it has been a while! My old bomb avatar was just something to celebrate the launch of this here site, so I changed it a few weeks after it opened. I doubt much people here know what my new avatar is. ;D

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By faustyn
    Hobbies said:
    "Stars that represent 100% would be nice, but I'm not sure how they would implement them with gold stars already there. Since you can gold star most (if not all) songs without FCing them, what happens when you both gold star and 100% a song?

And yes, it has been a while! My old bomb avatar was just something to celebrate the launch of this here site, so I changed it a few weeks after it opened. I doubt much people here know what my new avatar is. ;D"

if you fc a song you just don't get the goldstars but the better ones...platinum or sth. the problem is the cut off. what if your overdrive path sucks or you simply don't activate it and your score with platinum or sth stars is worse than your gold stars one? that would be weird.

//  Dwight is awesome ;D

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By A Likely Story
    LCad said:
    "Dude who doesn't know "Dwight doin' the Jimface"?"
    Hm, maybe they people at Giant Bomb are cooler than I thought. :P That is one of my favorite Office moments. :D

Anyway, that was the point I was trying to get at, faustyn, that you get an FC but not gold stars. I guess they could always make two kinds of special stars for both occasions. :P
    faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By faustyn
    Hobbies said:
    "(...)that was the point I was trying to get at, faustyn, that you get an FC but not gold stars. I guess they could always make two kinds of special stars for both occasions. :P"

i guess. anyways some changes in the stats system would be great. if harmonix is not going to do anything...whtvr. i still love rock band ;d

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By A Likely Story

Ah, that would work as well. Good thinking. ;D

Hm...I wonder if Alex ever looks at these boards.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By faustyn

i hope so. because we need this GiantBomb song by Evan Brass in Rock Band ;D

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yeah, its annoying to have to check scorehero whenever I want to find out the songs I have and haven't GS'd. I 100% agree that there should be an indication of stars like there was with the first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.