Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

Should I spend $300 for a complete Rock Band set?

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By serpentenema

So my birthday is coming up and I live with my girlfriend and for a long time I've wanted to get a complete set and talked about how it would be neat to get because of similar "I played this at a friends house and liked it" stories and would be accepting of the idea of getting it. Knowing the disks for Rock Band's 1 and 2 are dirt cheap with about 2 or 5 dollars at the gamestop bins, and having just bought a keyboard set for 3 for 60 bucks on amazon do I just dive head first into? Also its the Beatles set but its on prime.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Edited your all caps thread title. :|

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Amazon is jacking up the price because there is no new stock coming in. You could get everything you need on ebay for a fraction of that, which is what I recommend.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does the import functionality really work? is it just if you have a save file and pay a fee right? or do I also need a code, meaning I would have to by rock band 2 new or something?

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By forteexe21

For RB1, you just need the disc and buy the import dlc. For RB2 and Green Day, theres a code for new copies to be able to buy the import dlc. Also, im sure you can buy the set for far cheaper using other outlets cause $300 is too much for a dead franchise (prove me wrong harmonix!).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.