Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

Drop-D problems?

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Magilicutty

So I've been mostly going through the "campaign" doing the Rocksmith recommended things. I've come to them suggesting I play the Muse song and the Soundgarden song which both require drop-D tuning. I am having issues with the game recognizing me playing the correct note in this tuning. Often, for example, it will tell me to play 5th fret on the big E string and I will, but it says that I'm too high and need to drop down a fret. If I do drop down a fret, it will accept that I played it correctly... sometimes. The most frustrating thing, though, It doesn't do it always do this. Sometimes the correct fret will count and other times it will not, even if it's the same note/fret later in the song. I've tuned the guitar both with the in-game tuner and an external one so I'm sure that's not the problem. I've tried it with two different guitars also so I'm confident that isn't the issue also.

In standard E tuning it works perfectly, it's only in drop-D that it doesn't. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Well, does the game acknowledge drop-D tuning? If not, I would assume that's where the problem is.

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Magilicutty

It acknowledges and forces you to be in that tuning before you begin a song that it played in drop D

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By xxizzypop

@Magilicutty: I haven't had any issues with it before. Maybe the guitar is having a hard time staying in tune? Also, what kind of guitar were you using?

@jakob187: It's required, the game will use the tuner and have you switch over from standard E to drop D.

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magilicutty

@xxizzypop: My main guitar is a Gibson SG Special but I also have a Cort X-2 and it happens when I play with both of them. I did notice that the game has problems on the first 4 frets of big E only. Once you get to fret 5 and higher the game seems to consistently recognize the notes correctly.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By xxizzypop

@Magilicutty: Hm. That's kind of a bummer, I haven't run into a problem like that yet :\

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

@Magilicutty:

Maybe it's a glitch that needs to be patched or something? try giving customer support an email or something?

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magilicutty

Yeah, I've contacted them, waiting for a response. Was just curious if anyone else encountered a similar problem.

Avatar image for schecterclassic
    schecterclassic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By schecterclassic

I'm using a Schecter C1 classic. No issues whatsoever after playing 40+ hours now.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By tourgen

@Magilicutty said:

@xxizzypop: My main guitar is a Gibson SG Special but I also have a Cort X-2 and it happens when I play with both of them. I did notice that the game has problems on the first 4 frets of big E only. Once you get to fret 5 and higher the game seems to consistently recognize the notes correctly.

really late response, but did you get it fixed, and if not what type & size of strings are you using? It might be the strings?

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magilicutty

No, I didn't get it fixed. I was pretty much told that it's a problem with my guitar. I'm going to take it into the music shop and have them run a standard tune up. A couple frets are starting to buzz anyway so it's about that time.

Anyway, my SG has Gibson reissue light nickel strings.

Braumeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Braumeister

99% of the time, people are just squeezing their E-string too hard which bends it out of pitch. Go into the tuner and see for yourself.

Use a light touch.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jams

@Magilicutty said:

I googled images of that cort x-2 and it has a floyd rose type bridge. If you try to drop tune a flyod rose, you have to keep retuning all the strings to fix the tension change.

senkir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By senkir

It's been a while since this was posted, but I had that happen when i started playing Muse but re-tuning it fixed it. I think I was just on the edge of being out of tune and like Braumeister was saying if i hit the note too hard I bent it enough to not register.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By RawknRo11a

yea, I had issues with this (using an Epiphone SG ) but found if I fretted the note very lightly it would register pretty much every time. I figure since the string isnt as tight you don't need to use as much force to get the correct tone

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.