Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

Rocksmith performance on PC

thejaqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thejaqq

Hey Folks,

Im thinking about getting my little brother rocksmith. he s already great on acoustic guitar, wants to play a bit of electric too - but i dont have the time to teach him both + i ll not be able to to teach him at all in the near future. problem is: my moms laptop is kinda crappy and, if any of you have experience with the pc version (is that even out yet? still confused with the different versions), hows that effect the game? If it does meet the minimal requirements - supposedly around 2.2Ghz dual core, 2gb ram and 256mb grafic with directX 9 - will it play just fine? how does a lower performing pc actually affect the game?! If the core of the game works 'worse' or more laggy its basically nonsense to get I suppose.

Thanks a lot,

jaqq

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gumdealer

The PC version isn't quite out yet, it comes out October 16. The developers claim that any computer that is 2 to 3 years will be able to run Rocksmith, my experience with minimum specs aren't too positive. I'm sure that's even worse for a timing based game like Rocksmith. You might just want to wait until it's released and hear about how it runs on older machines.

toymachinesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By toymachinesh

Here are the System Requirements for PC:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Vista, Windows 7
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.00 Ghz @ or AMD Athlon 64 3800 + @ 2.0 Ghz
    RAM: 2 GB • Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9 / GeForce 8600 GT or Radeon HD 2600 XT (see list of supported cards *)
    DIRECT X ®: 9
    PLAYER DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM speed 4x
    SOUND CARD: DirectX 9 Compatible
    HDD: 10 GB
    * GRAPHIC CARDS SUPPORTED AT THE TIME OF RELEASE:
    NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GeForce8600GT or better / GeForce9 / GeForce GT200 / GeForce GT400 / GeForce GT500 / GeForce GT600
    AMD ® Radeon ® HD2600XT or better / HD3000 / HD4000 / HD5000 series / HD6000 series / HD7000 series

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.