Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

R.U.S.E.

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 04, 2010

R.U.S.E. is an RTS developed and published by Ubisoft with "ruses" and deception as a central game concept.

Just to clarify (DRM)

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pinworm45

As of the current time I'm posting, every single person who purchased Assassins Creed 2 or Silent Hunter 5 are unable to play their games, while pirates can do so just fine. This is because of Ubisofts DRM, which requires a permanent internet connection, a ubisoft account, and access to your game is dependent on Ubisoft and your internet. Kind of like how Mercenaries 2 and LOTR Conquests online servers have been shut down less than a year after their release, Ubisoft can and will retire their servers. Only you won't just lose multiplayer, you'll lose access to your entire game. 

I'm just warning people that R.U.S.E. will be using this same DRM system (unless the amount of hate they've received for the DRM they have used thus far is enough to change their minds). 

It clicked to preorder it on steam after playing the beta, and was about to click add to cart, when I saw the handy Steam Warning. I personally will not support this. Whether you do is up to you, I'm just putting it out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.