Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryse: Son of Rome

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Set in ancient Rome circa 68 A.D, this third-person action game follows Marius Titus as he sets out to avenge his fallen family. Developed by Crytek as an exclusive Xbox One launch game.

Ryse: Dial a Combo Edition(preview article)

• 51 results
    Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recall MS and Crytek stating that this wasn't going to be a quick time event game.....seems to me they just removed the button prompts and added flashing enemies instead. Not that impressed with this at all, it sucks really because that Roman setting could be so very cool.

It's not a quick time event game.. those are executions.. The combat isn't all quicktime events. Executions require you to press buttons they are not automatic. The rest of the combat is similar to Batman or Assassin's Creed.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By xyzygy

@lovespuds said:

I recall MS and Crytek stating that this wasn't going to be a quick time event game.....seems to me they just removed the button prompts and added flashing enemies instead. Not that impressed with this at all, it sucks really because that Roman setting could be so very cool.

How is that any different than Arkham Asylum? In AA you can also just wait around for enemies to attack and counter them. And in those games there are even button indicators that flash above the attackers head. Ryse is getting such unfair criticism.

It's not a quick time event game. Finishers are (and even then, they're just colored outlines [like the blue/yellow ones in Arkham City]), and there are over a hundred of them, so you need to know when something is going to happen in them to time them and pull them off and get the highest amount of XP as possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.