Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryse: Son of Rome

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Set in ancient Rome circa 68 A.D, this third-person action game follows Marius Titus as he sets out to avenge his fallen family. Developed by Crytek as an exclusive Xbox One launch game.

Ryse to include microtransactions in multiplayer

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

The game Ryse: Son of Rome will feature a armour based progression system with booster packs that can be bought with real money or in-game gold, similar to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. There are three times of booster packs: bronze, silver and gold.

According to a Microsoft producer:

"When we talk about the progression system for multiplayer, it's armour-based," said the producer.

"The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA. You only earn gold while playing multiplayer [and] you use that gold to buy booster packs. Those booster packs contain random sets of loot. Based on the different tiers of loot that you get - whether you buy Bronze, Silver or Gold Packs - guarantees whether you get rare or common items.

"One of the things that we did a little different is that you can buy them with in-game currency and real world currency. The difference is that if you're close we also have small microtransactions.

"Say for instance a gold pack costs 15,000 gold, [and] you've only got 12,500 you can actually buy the difference and only spend a little bit to make it go to a Gold Pack. So we offer some variety there."

The producer adds that Ryse's multiplayer stages have been designed for players who wish to grind for additional experience or gold.

"Just to give you some ideas in terms of how much we have to offer, you can see here, the swords, there's a ton of different stats," he continued. "We were very good about designing stages as you play multiplayer, so the stats can change whether you're focusing on grinding for money, grinding for experience or whether you're playing with a new player or an old player. There's a lot of ways to change and customise your gear."

Here is the news' source: http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ryse/news/ryse_has_microtransactions.html

What are your feelings about the inclusion of microtransactions in the game?

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are two things I love on this beautiful, blue rock: Kinect and micro transactions.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Games include microtransaction, i don't buy them but the people that do have every right to spend their money on them.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Microtransactions ruin games

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got to level 1834 in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and didn't spend a fucking dime.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was getting slightly optimistic about this game, but this definitely puts a damper on that. It really depends on how the game is balanced, but now they are incentivized to punish the non-paying player's time.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Neat. I kinda liked the thing mass effect 3 had going. You seriously dont have to spend any money on it. Just play the game, and then you get randomized stuff based on the amount of in game credits you earn. Its the exact same thing as league of legends or black ops 1 and 2.

Hell, think of it as getting booster packs for a freaking card game, except you dont even have to pay to get them. Just play the card game enough and you get em for free. I seriously dont see the problem with microtransactions at all

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
    deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This shitty thing is optional so it's okay. It's going to fund multiplayer DLC because I can trust this company to do something cool like that.

You know? Something cool like nickel and dime their customers that bought their $60 game.

P.S. It's similar to things that are fucking shitty so it's fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.