Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryse: Son of Rome

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Set in ancient Rome circa 68 A.D, this third-person action game follows Marius Titus as he sets out to avenge his fallen family. Developed by Crytek as an exclusive Xbox One launch game.

Whatever happened to this game?

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Djeffers03

So thinking back to E3 2010 I remembered the trailer for Codename: Kingdoms which was played at Microsoft's press conference. Probably the only reason i remembered this is due to the fact that it was one of the only new IP's announced last year that I can recall (which is disappointing as all people really have to look forward to nowadays are sequels in the same few franchises, but that's another story). But anyway, I was wondering what on earth has happened to this game? It's gone a whole year without any information being given out which is slightly worrying. It hasn't been axed has it?

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

You could try looking in the WikiPages or Google it, besides that I have no clue, sorry :)
    kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kuz101

No, it changed developers from Crytek Budapest to Crytek Frankfurt and is supposedly Kinect enabled. I suspect we will hear more at E3 this year.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Djeffers03
    @kuz101: Kinect enabled? Eeeuuurrrghh. I guess I no longer give a shit about this game then.
    kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kuz101
    @Djeffers03: I wouldn't write off the game completely. I think it is a Child of Eden type deal where Kinect is optional. Besides, we have heard nothing about the game itself.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Djeffers03
    @kuz101: True but looking at all the other Kinect releases the future does not look bright for this game, at least if the whole Kinect thing is true in the first place.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By canucks23

In the report that the game was switching studios, they called it a "first person melee kinect game". So i've already written it off.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By themangalist
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @kuz101: Kinect enabled? Eeeuuurrrghh. I guess I no longer give a shit about this game then.
    My thoughts exactly. As much as i like being a greco-roman badass, no i'd rather wrap my blanky around myself and swing a ruler than play a Kinect game.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.