Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is a prequel to Sacred, taking place 2,000 years before the events in the first game. It has a new graphics engine, which is able to render in 3D but keeps the original game's isometric perspective.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Impressions

Senshaitian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Senshaitian

I've been a die-hard dungeon crawler fan for as long as I can remember. My games back in the day were Ultima and Diablo over at a friend's place till the wee hours in the morning killing baddies, grabbing loot and selling it off for better stuff. Those were the games I would play on the PC until consoles took over my life starting with Sega. To this day though, I have been looking for good dungeon crawlers. On PS2 I played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Dark Alliance 2 on Xbox. Then I got into Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms. All of these games have quenched my thirst for dungeon crawling on a console. However I had been playing these games well into the current generation and it seemed like there was a neglection of good dungeon crawlers.
    Now we have Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, which has answered my prayers on almost every front while also leaving something to be desired. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is a good looking game in terms of the landscapes. Otherwise, it still looks fine as long as the camera is not too close up. The learning curve for the game is easily one of the steepest I have ever endured. I have never had to look up the instruction booklet on any game as much as I have had to in this game or look online just to get more details about what certain things in the game do or even mean. Tutorials would have been a godsend for this game. There are also a lot of bugs in this game. TONS of pop in, lots of loading when you are in town. Sometimes if you teleport when you are on your mount, the game freezes. Things like that.
    Regardless of the bugs and steep learning curve, the heart of the dungeon crawler is still there and delivers on all fronts. With nearly 600 quests, character specific mounts, the ability to teleport to any previously visited towns (as long as you have activated the teleport in that town), and character specific quests, this is definitely a successful port from PC to X360. There is plenty to do in this game and grinding to the level of 200 may be the most difficult to accomplish. However, that's not going to stop me from trying.
    If you are a fan of dungeon crawlers at all, this is definitely a game to experience on the X360. The bugs in the game are not so bad that it hampers the gameplay fortunately, and I would venture to say that this is the closest that console gamers will get to a World of Warcraft contender.

Senshaitian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Senshaitian

I've been a die-hard dungeon crawler fan for as long as I can remember. My games back in the day were Ultima and Diablo over at a friend's place till the wee hours in the morning killing baddies, grabbing loot and selling it off for better stuff. Those were the games I would play on the PC until consoles took over my life starting with Sega. To this day though, I have been looking for good dungeon crawlers. On PS2 I played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Dark Alliance 2 on Xbox. Then I got into Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms. All of these games have quenched my thirst for dungeon crawling on a console. However I had been playing these games well into the current generation and it seemed like there was a neglection of good dungeon crawlers.
    Now we have Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, which has answered my prayers on almost every front while also leaving something to be desired. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is a good looking game in terms of the landscapes. Otherwise, it still looks fine as long as the camera is not too close up. The learning curve for the game is easily one of the steepest I have ever endured. I have never had to look up the instruction booklet on any game as much as I have had to in this game or look online just to get more details about what certain things in the game do or even mean. Tutorials would have been a godsend for this game. There are also a lot of bugs in this game. TONS of pop in, lots of loading when you are in town. Sometimes if you teleport when you are on your mount, the game freezes. Things like that.
    Regardless of the bugs and steep learning curve, the heart of the dungeon crawler is still there and delivers on all fronts. With nearly 600 quests, character specific mounts, the ability to teleport to any previously visited towns (as long as you have activated the teleport in that town), and character specific quests, this is definitely a successful port from PC to X360. There is plenty to do in this game and grinding to the level of 200 may be the most difficult to accomplish. However, that's not going to stop me from trying.
    If you are a fan of dungeon crawlers at all, this is definitely a game to experience on the X360. The bugs in the game are not so bad that it hampers the gameplay fortunately, and I would venture to say that this is the closest that console gamers will get to a World of Warcraft contender.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.