Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sacred 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 31, 2014

The third installment of ASCARON's Sacred franchise, now owned by Deep Silver. It was first shown to the public at PAX Prime 2012.

Anyon GBers picking this up!?

hanner74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed Sacred 2 and have been looking forward to Sacred 3 for quite some time. Anyone planning on picking it up!?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

No way its work $50 bones, however when its<20 ill pick it up. If you are a fan of the Sacred series may want to check out some reviews. So far the ones i have read this game is a major departure from previous titles.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

Don't, apparently it's complete garbage. There are currently 90 Steam reviews and they are all don't recommend. The game is not a Sacred game, it's not open world, there is no loot - apparently it's an offense to any existing fans.

I'm pretty bummed considering how much I liked the first one and was considering checking this out.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By veektarius

I never much cared for the Sacred games, but this is one of those rare games you could tell from the trailer would be lacking.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It sounds like an action RPG version of Left 4 Dead or something? Bizarre.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I thought Sacred 2 was garbage, plus it had a game breaking bug in the PS3 version.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

Don't, apparently it's complete garbage. There are currently 90 Steam reviews and they are all don't recommend. The game is not a Sacred game, it's not open world, there is no loot - apparently it's an offense to any existing fans.

I'm pretty bummed considering how much I liked the first one and was considering checking this out.

I heard that coming and cancelled my preorder. A shame they didn't stick with the template of Sacred 2, loved that game.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By PimblyCharles

I was going to buy it until I read reviews. Might get it when it's really cheap just to see how bad it really is, but not at full price. Like another duder, I canceled my pre-order.

It's really unfortunate as I'm a big fan of the previous Sacred games. Sacred 2 (PC) was especially awesome, even though it (boxed copy) was very difficult to find locally for a while in the states (NY specifically).

hanner74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow i'm super bummed, there is about 3 of us in my friends that were going to get it. Back to Divinity i suppose.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

I really loved Sacred 1, buggy fucking mess that it could be at times, but really wasn't all that keen to play one of them again when 2 came around. Then reactions turned out to be pretty damn mixed from my perspective so I just never went for it. Since its release Torchlight 2 completely filled the ARPG slot for me even though it's not all that close to the Sacred formula. I could actually see myself going for an interesting enough new Sacred game but from these first impressions it doesn't seem likely. Now I'm at least curious to see what's up with that game since I've skipped all info so far.

Edit: Oh, boy. I noticed Totalbiscuit had put up his WTF is... and, um, I don't think I need to play that right now. Maybe much later for a lot less money. Maybe.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: No loot? No open world? WHAAAAAA?!?!

The one thing I remember most about when I was playing Sacred 2 on XBox 360 was the loot. Like a lot of it. Fiddly stuff that kept dropping. It was part of why I enjoyed the game. Hearing that there is no loot makes me not want to even bother with it. Add to that it not being an open world and that just intensifies my disappointment.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Steam reviews have not been kind

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

noo don't do it...it's terrible. No mounts, loot..just don't do it.

Just say no.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super bummed about this being what it is. I really enjoyed Sacred 2 on 360. I'm a big fan of diablo-esque games on PC, but something about the way it handled on console made it feel uniquely fascinating.. not to mention it's a damn long and deep game if you commit to doing a proper level 200 build.

Big sadface :(((

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand the ideas behind this game. At all. Sacred 2 wasn't the greatest H&S but it was decent and colorful. This one has no loot and pretty much no character progression. They even crammed in dumb QTEs cause that's what you want in your fast paced ARPG combat right? Lastly this game is clearly designed (I don't even know if I want to use this word here) for consoles and the mouse and keyboard controls are super clunky. Do not buy this game neither on consoles nor on PC. Let the Sacred name die because at this point it's not worth shit anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I got this game knowing it was not a open world rpg like sacred 1-2 and i like it so far

Paul_Tillich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do. Not. Buy. This evisceration of the game by Rock, Paper, Shotgun seems perfectly on point from what let's plays I've watched. Insufferable garbage from the instant it starts.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

This game makes me very depressed. I loved Sacred 2. It was a deep, rich open world top-down adventure game that gave me hundreds of hours of enjoyment. It was like if you combined Elder Scrolls and Diablo. And this is just a shallow beat-em-up. Probably the most disappointed I've been in a sequel since Ninja Gaiden 3 was first released

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.