Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

PS3 textures

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Just loaded this up on my PS3 and the textures look terrible, really muddy. I know performance of the game overall isn't meant to be great, but I really didn't think I'd see anything as bad as this.

Anyone else encountered it? I just installed the latest patch as well.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I dunno they look about how id expect them to look on a console. They dont come off a particularly bad to me simply because most of the time your blazing around the city so fast everything is a blur anyways.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By rorie

@refactored: I assume it's some kind of memory issue; the PS3 does tend to run into those more often in open-world games than the 360 does.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Even at the character creator it is basically impossible to make out the character faces. Maybe The Last of Us spoiled me.

@rorie: Presumed something similar but even a restart and reinstall has had no effect.

Anyway, to Steelport or wherever.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird, after the most recent loading screen everything seems to have just kind of loaded in. Looks more like I'd expect now.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That sounds bizarre. I've been playing on PS3 and everything looks completely fine to me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

I will say I had a really really strange glitch were all the graphics were corrupted last night. At first I thought it might have been my GPU on my Ps3 starting to go tits up but at one point in the mission I went inside a building and everything was only fucked up outside. The menus and everything were fine as well. After rebooting the game was fine again. Fucked up thing was for about 30 seconds I didn't know if that was just some weird effect that was supposed to happen because they fuck with you so much in the game. Lol.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By McGhee

Yes, I've had a couple weird bugs that were fixed by reloading the game.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could be the read-speed of your drive being slow due to wear and tear, could be the GPU overheating, could be the HDD.

Try other games and see if the textures load slowly there.

I had a similar problem in TLOU where no textures loaded and two matches into the multiplayer I got YLOD. Fun times...

SolidStateSR71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not the first time I've heard the complaint.. I don't mind really.. it looks like a darker Saints Row 3.. Still worlds better than the engine running Saints Row 2.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.