Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Achievement Problem

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tylea002

For some reason, probably the fact my internet's been breaking a lot this week, due to the great folks at BT (sarcasm), my achievments stopped updating. I haven't been getting achievements for story progress, after act 1. I'm currently up to 'http://deckers.die,' and haven't unlocked the achievement for either that or 'Ho Boat.' This is understandably annoying me, cause I'm enjoying the game so much that I would like to get the full 1000, but I really don't want to suck the fun out by starting again, and doing thirty hours of work again. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or have any advice on how to coax the game to acknowledge that I've completed what I have? Because I've only been keeping one save. And this has left me very pissed off.

ejm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ejm

I'm having that same problem and the last achievement/trophy I had was the completing of all the Guardian Angel challenges but, like you, I completed the game and really don't want to put the work into getting them again without a good reason for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2
    deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having the same problem too. Clearing the cache on the hard drive seems to have cleared it up for me, however I did restart the campaign to be on the safe side (I had only clocked up a couple of hours anyway.)

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

I didn't get the Achievement for completing Act 2 for no real reason.

Guess I'm replaying the game.

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By NorthSarge

I had achievements pop retroactively on me. Two of the achievements related to doing a number of open world stuff. (Bo-duke-en & haters gon hate) its not like i was keeping track for those achievements, but they did pop way after i had actually completed them.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft

haven't had a few achievements pop so far, maybe they'll come later.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

It was a real problem I had when first starting the game. I finished the first Act and having watched the TNT I knew there were achievements tied into that specific mission, by that point I had a grand total of 20 points!

@Tylea002: I don't know if you're still running up against the problem but its probably caused by Live signing out whilst you're in game, if that happens dashboard and restart the game. Yeah its an annoying workaround to an awful problem but it does remedy the situation. The same things were happening to me and it fixed them, I didn't get any achievements retroactively though (at least mission based) so if you have missed those you might have to replay certain sections of the game.

Or just play offline whilst playing this, that's if co-op isn't a factor for you.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

I know that after the recent patch there's a few of the challenges tied to the one achievement (finishing all the challenges) that's no longer updating the progress done on it. I've tried all sorts of things to get the meter up on the car torpedo & even gotten it to over 300% with nitro but it's frozen somewhere halfway. Just a heads up for others to make sure that the challenges are updating in the saints book.

Edit-after the patch around the last few days (dec 13), this isn't a problem now so glad they fixed it even though starting over to get the 50 taunts for the challenge a bit easier as the other save game I have for SR3 has most of the city conquered so harder to find the gang members plus curious to play the game with a character using male voice3.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnDudebro

I had this happen to me, it seemed to be related to being connected to Live. For instance, I did all the Genki activities and got nothing, but the next time I started the game up connected it gave me that achievement. I also missed a few story missions I finished offline.

I think it has something to do with being online.

kms_md

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kms_md

The problem occurs when a session starts online and then xbox live service is interrupted. This happened to me several times last week. By clearing the cache, I was able to get one of the achievements which was completed to unlock, but then I had to repeat about 45 minutes from a previous save to get a story mission achievement and fully upgrading a stronghold achievement to unlock. I believe that Volition (or a representative) has commented in the SR forums that they are aware of the problem and that a fix is forthcoming.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By EightBitShik

The problem I am having right now is getting the taunts to work. I have found that if they are out of combat then it works. Everyone on the forums and sites say that you can taunt and compliment your own gang but that has not worked once for me so far.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By SerHulse

Yep, I had a total of 6 achievements not pop for me, I know I shouldn't care, but it's inexcusable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.