Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Any missable items/weapons? Like Apoco-Fist?

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By yevinorion

So I heard the Apoco-Fist can only be gotten by making a certain choice at the end of a specific mission. I guess the same goes for whatever item you get for making the alternate decision in that mission as well.

Are there any cool or awesome items that you can totally miss out on like this that I should be aware of in my playthrough?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By alternate

Don't think so, there are some cool DLC weapons though. You don't get a separate item for giving up the apocofist, just a cosmetic change to cutscenes.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yevinorion

Oh? I thought you got Killbane's Mask which can light people on fire when you taunt them?

Good to know there aren't other things where your choices can cut out really cool items/weapons. I'm fine with choosing one or the other most of the time, but this just seems like two awesome things to have to give one up.

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DemiGodRaven

That mask indeed lights people on fire when you taunt them. I have it. It was also worth it for the catharsis of removing it. Still a painful choice to make between that and the apoco-fist. My spiteful personality won out in the end though and I got the mask.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

Goddammit, I gave up the awesome fucking Apoco fists for story purposes... Now I really wish I could get them. 
    It seems so weird to have the one singular gameplay affecting choice.... Shit, they let you replay the entire ending again to get everything.

@yevinorion: Your spoiler tags are correct, that is what you get.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Fart in a jar is all you need...

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By strainedeyes

During the mission where you sign off on two out of three S.T.A.G. projects (the hover bike, the satchel charges, or the enhanced tank), you are given the two you sign off on and can't get the third elsewhere.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trav

@Geo7877 said:

During the mission where you sign off on two out of three S.T.A.G. projects (the hover bike, the satchel charges, or the enhanced tank), you are given the two you sign off on and can't get the third elsewhere.

Which two are generally considered to be more worth choosing?

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By chilibean_3

@Trav: Choose the hoverbike. Your second choice can be whatever but choose the hoverbike for one of them. I went with the tank but now I'm thinking of fun things I could do with satchel charges.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By strainedeyes

@Trav said:

@Geo7877 said:

Which two are generally considered to be more worth choosing?

The hover bike is a definite choice.

Between the other two really comes down to how you want to play. Would you rather set charges and remotely blow things up, or would you rather have a heavily armored and more powerful tank to go rampage with?

I went with the bike and the tank, because I doubt I would ever use the charges (and they replace the rocket launcher slot).

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yevinorion

Yeah hover bike sounds like a must-have. I'd probably go tank as I do enjoy satchel charge style explosives, but a super tank is pretty hard to argue with.

I wonder if there may not be some way to get both the Fist and the Mask? I saw some guy on the official forum saying you can download a character/outfit from the site that already has the mask on and get it that way, but he had no replies to his thread so I don't know how valid that is.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By strainedeyes

@yevinorion said:

Yeah hover bike sounds like a must-have. I'd probably go tank as I do enjoy satchel charge style explosives, but a super tank is pretty hard to argue with.

I wonder if there may not be some way to get both the Fist and the Mask? I saw some guy on the official forum saying you can download a character/outfit from the site that already has the mask on and get it that way, but he had no replies to his thread so I don't know how valid that is.

I have heard that that worked as well, and will probably try it out once I get to the end of the game.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trav

Thanks guys. And is there any kind of NG+ after you beat the campaign the first time?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By xMP44x

@Trav said:

Thanks guys. And is there any kind of NG+ after you beat the campaign the first time?

Nope, nothing of the sort. You can replay the final mission of the game, but that's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.