Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Let's talk about our choices, shall we? (SPOILERS!)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MikeGosot

So, in Saints Row: The Third, it's possible to decide the outcome of certain missions, and these outcomes give you a bonus of some kind, so this thread is dedicated about... Well... What choices we've made. If you don't remember them, here they are:
     A Belgian Problem 

Blow up Morning Star's building - Permanent Respect Bonus  
    or  
    Keep the Building as a Crib - Permanent Cash Bonus 

The Ho Boat 
    Give the ho's to The Syndicate - Get 25,000$ 
    or 
    Let Zimos keep the ho's and do his magic - 1,000$ Hourly Deposit 

Stag Party 
    Give Josh Birk to STAG - STAG support 
    or 
    Give Josh Birk to Shaundi - Josh Birk AND Nyte Blade as your homies. 

http://deckers.die 
    Take Over Vehicle Manufacturer - Discounts on PIMPING YOUR RIDE! (a.k.a Vehicle Customisation.)
    or 
    Take Over Weapons Manufacturer - Discounts on upgrading your weapons. 

My Name Is Cyrus Temple 
    Specter Hover Bike, Satchel Charge, Upgraded STAG Tank - You choose two of these. 

Zombie Attack 
    Keep Zombie Virus - Zombie Homies 
    or 
    Give virus to Mayor Reynolds - Burt Reynolds and SWAT Homies 

Murderbrawl XXXI 
    Unmask Killbane - You can wear Killbane's mask. It sets on fire anyone you taunt OR compliment. 
    or 
    Spare Killbane - Apoco-Fist Weapon. It explodes people in one hit. 

Three Way 
    Eliminate Killbane, but let Shaundi, Burt Reynolds and Viola die - You lose these homies, unlock the STAG Film mission, a Black and upgraded F-69 VTOL and STAG Uniform.  
    or
    Save Shaundi, Viola and Burt Reynolds, but let Killbane escape - You unlock Gangstas... In Space! mission, a Mars Vehicle, Space Saints and Space Uniform.  

My choices were: Blow up the tower, Let Zimos do his magic, keep Josh Birk as a homie, take over Weapons manufacturer, unlocked Upgraded Tank and Specter, i kept the zombie Virus, unmasked Killbane and eliminated him. What about yours? 
    EDIT: Choices on the Spoiler tag to avoid wall of text. 
    EDIT: Spoiler tag doesn't seem to work. Fudge. >:

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

Blow up building

GIve hos back to syndicate

GIve Birk to shaundi (already had most of the city by this point so giving him to stag didn't really give me any benefits)

Weapons manufacturer (more interested in better weapons than a fly car)

Dump virus (two homies for the price of one, plus it's burt reynolds)

Spare Killbane (only because it doesn't specify that the masks lets you kill ppl. I just figured u'd have it to wear as part of ur wardrobe in which case that just seemed stupid to me. )

Save Shaundi, Viola and Mayor (Shaundi was my favorite character not to mention it seemed like the right thing to do being that loyalty should be at the top of the list in terms of running a gang)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeGosot
    @hbkdx12 said: 

Dump virus (two homies for the price of one, plus it's burt reynolds)

Spare Killbane (only because it doesn't specify that the masks lets you kill ppl. I just figured u'd have it to wear as part of ur wardrobe in which case that just seemed stupid to me. )

Save Shaundi, Viola and Mayor (Shaundi was my favorite character not to mention it seemed like the right thing to do being that loyalty should be at the top of the list in terms of running a gang)

The Zombie Homies are an Hordde of zombies. But it's Burt Reynolds, so i understand you. I removed KIllbane's mask because i really liked Angel De La Muerte, and i discovered that it would set people on fire, when i was doing the Carlton Dance and suddenly everyone around me (3 people a Decker, and a cop, i think) started to burn. You can't use that in a row. And since Destroying my Enemies should at the top of my "Gang's Leader" list, i killed Killbane. Besides, the town is yours when you kill him(Only Story-wise), so that's pretty cool.
    hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hbkdx12

@MikeGosot: That's another thing they didn't explain very well as far as the zombie homies. I didn't know if it was a horde of like 10 of them or if it was just like 1 or 2 so i just went with burt, who as it turns out is pretty useless. He doesn't carry any weapons but he does actively duck out of ur way when you shoot in his direction which i thought was cool. It's just cool to be rolling around with burt for the hell of it i suppose. His VO lines seems kind of low tho so i can't make out the random/off the cuff statements most of the time.

I certainly wanted to unmask cuz that essentially was the whole point but being that i knew what the apoco-fists were but they didn't highlight or hint that the mask had special abilities, i just let him have it.

I really liked shaundi this time around and i couldn't let her get killed off. If it was pierce instead i probably would have went after killbane. Although replaying that mission, the killbane ending is way better and satisfying.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikeGosot
    @hbkdx12: Weird, i always liked Pierce more than Shaundi. But i never played another Saint's Row, so there's that. For me, it was about Saving Viola or Killing Killbane. I liked Viola, she seemed the most humane in that insane world of caricatures. I think that the only way for me to pass on the "Eliminate Killbane ending" would be if Kenzie and Oleg were going to die. I loved these guys. 
    Also, the Gangstas... In Space! ending was TERRIBLE! TEEEEEERRIBLE!
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tylea002

Blew That Shit Up

Kept Those Hos that were Hos

Kept Birk Around

Weapons

Give Reynolds What He Wants

Unmasked Mr Pryor

Saved Shaundi and Viola!

The last missions were odd, because after playing both routes through, I look at it like this: Why, instead of doing the mars film, did the save shaundi storyline not end with the daedalus showing up anyway? That would have been way cooler. A missed opportunity, there.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Afroman269

Blew up tower

Gave the bitches to Zimos

Gave Josh to STAG

Took over weapons manufacturer

Upgraded tank and bike

Destroyed zombie virus because crossing Reynolds is a sin

Spared Killbane because I wanted the gloves

Saved my homies because letting Reynolds die is a sin and how can you not save your homies when that goddamn awesome song is playing?! (Also the ending for killing Bane was lame)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@Afroman269 said:

Blew up tower

Gave the bitches to Zimos

Gave Josh to STAG

Upgraded tank and bike

Destroyed zombie virus because crossing Reynolds is a sin

Spared Killbane because I wanted the gloves

Saved my homies because letting Reynolds die is a sin and how can you not save your homies when that goddamn awesome song is playing?! (Also the ending for killing Bane was lame)

Almost exactly this; I kept the Tower for myself because mo cribs yo. Oddly enough it brought me back to my time with Mass Effect 2 when deciding that choice. Was just as easy to make, too.

EDIT: The Burt Reynolds homie thing has been a bit of a bust for me, though. Whenever I try to call him up he's ''busy'' =( I gave up a zombie horde for that fucker and he can't give me a little of his time?!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Tylea002 said: 

The last missions were odd, because after playing both routes through, I look at it like this: Why, instead of doing the mars film, did the save shaundi storyline not end with the daedalus showing up anyway? That would have been way cooler. A missed opportunity, there.

The Statue being destroyed is what triggers the autorization to use the Daedalus. It would've made no sense if it showed up and... Ah, fuck it. It would've been better than that shit movie thing. Ugh. 
    @Afroman269
    said: 

The song kept playing for me when i killed Bane. Best glitch/bug ever. Also, why it was lame? You killed the last remaining leader, destroyed STAG and started owning A CITY! 
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

How could anyone let Burt Reynolds die? It's a very clear Good Ending/Evil Ending choice, even for a ruthless gangsta.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Afroman269

@MikeGosot: Your homies get killed and you're basically blamed for blowing up the monument so people turn on you. You get to own the city anyways with the other ending plus you get the people's support and STAG can't do shit cuz you're the hero.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Afroman269 said:

@MikeGosot: Your homies get killed and you're basically blamed for blowing up the monument so people turn on you. You get to own the city anyways with the other ending plus you get the people's support and STAG can't do shit cuz you're the hero.

You don't get to own the city if i remember correctly. Besides, you save the city from STAG in the Kill Bane(Not intentional.) ending, so, you become a hero and kill the bad guys. They even say that in the radio.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Commisar123

Dude blowing things up is the only option

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tylea002

@MikeGosot: If, post your rescue of shaundi and everyone, Cyrus flipped, went rouge, and brought the deadalus in, that would have been quite possibly the biggest OH FUCK YES in a game FULL of OH FUCK YES moments. But alas, a mars mission that was cool, until you started playing it.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Tylea002 said:

@MikeGosot: If, post your rescue of shaundi and everyone, Cyrus flipped, went rouge, and brought the deadalus in, that would have been quite possibly the biggest OH FUCK YES in a game FULL of OH FUCK YES moments. But alas, a mars mission that was cool, until you started playing it.

It would defeat the whole purpose of the other ending. IT would still be possible for the guys to make the Mars movie without Killbane, but it would defeat the purpose of the other ending. If Killbane was Josh Birk it woud've been funnier and better than "Oh, i was trying to kill ya, but it's the happy ending, so let's make a movie." 
     EDIT: And Gat was in the movie. And he died. So why not Killbane?
    heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By heavyplay

Quick question: If you let Shaundi, Viola, and Burt die, do they get crossed off your phone list? I'm just curious.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By shirogane

@MikeGosot said:

@Tylea002 said:

It would defeat the whole purpose of the other ending. IT would still be possible for the guys to make the Mars movie without Killbane, but it would defeat the purpose of the other ending. If Killbane was Josh Birk it woud've been funnier and better than "Oh, i was trying to kill ya, but it's the happy ending, so let's make a movie." EDIT: And Gat was in the movie. And he died. So why not Killbane?

Pretty sure that wasn't actually Killbane, and it wasn't actually Gat. In fact, i'd say that Gat was Josh Birk, his lines were so horrible, and it kinda sounded like him.

Oh and about the owning the city, pretty sure you own the city in that ending, cause, you just saved the Mayor and stuffs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel
    • Kept the tower for myself
    • Passed the hos on to Zimos
    • Gave Josh to Shaundi (My small revenge for her acting so pissy.)
    • Took over the weapons manufacturer
    • I picked the Specter (hoverbike? Duh!) and the satchel charge.
    • I could disobey Burt Reynolds. I dumped that virus into the drink and got him as my homie.
    • I unmasked Killbane, because I'm the best around.
    • I went after Killbane, because I wasn't going to let that guy just walk off. It was a surprisingly tough choice, though.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By damswedon

@heavyplay: No.

• Blew it up
    • Gave them to Zimos
    • Gave him to STAG
    • Took the weapons store
    • Bike + Charges
    • Destroy it.
    • Unmasked him.
    • Save gang.
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Shirogane said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Tylea002 said:

It would defeat the whole purpose of the other ending. IT would still be possible for the guys to make the Mars movie without Killbane, but it would defeat the purpose of the other ending. If Killbane was Josh Birk it woud've been funnier and better than "Oh, i was trying to kill ya, but it's the happy ending, so let's make a movie." EDIT: And Gat was in the movie. And he died. So why not Killbane?

Pretty sure that wasn't actually Killbane, and it wasn't actually Gat. In fact, i'd say that Gat was Josh Birk, his lines were so horrible, and it kinda sounded like him.

Oh and about the owning the city, pretty sure you own the city in that ending, cause, you just saved the Mayor and stuffs.

I'm pretty sure that WAS Killbane. It would fit the "Let's make a dumb happy ending" thing they were going for... Maybe it could be Oleg, since Killbane had Brutes moves... But what about his accent? And i think the Radio Girl said that an unknown actor played Gat. And saving the mayor doesn't mean the city is yours(But he may give you a free pass for everything... Hm...). You know, i think it would be better if they just made one ending.
    heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By heavyplay

@damswedon: I loaded up an old save 3 missions before the last level and went through them all again. If you chose to kill Kilbane the first time through that mission (I didn't bother playing through the Daedelus again), Shaundi, Viola, and Burt all have a busy signal when you try to call them up as homies afterwards.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Yanngc33

All choices should be done in favor of Burt Reynolds

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

Keep the Building as a Crib- because money is cool.

Give the ho's to The Syndicate

Give Josh Birk to Shaundi- because I don't like Shaundi.

Take Over Weapons Manufacturer - because gun upgrades are expensive

Specter Hover Bike, Satchel Charge

Give virus to Mayor Reynolds - because Burt Reynolds told me to

Unmask Killbane - because I didn't know the other option was so much cooler

Save Shaundi, Viola and Burt Reynolds, but let Killbane escape - because it makes sense

The other option for the ending seemed like a non-choice for me. I've played Saints Row 2, and it's incredibly out of character for the Boss to just let their friends die. On the other hand, the final mission you get for defeating Killbane > Gangstas in Space. Sucks that the cool ending is tied to what I consider a dumb choice.

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SketchPanic

Considering you can make your own character to be "The Boss" I decided everything the way I would if I were the one put in that position.

A Belgian Problem: I kept the building because you can never have enough cash, but you could always reach a level cap of respect. ;D That and I was under the impression that I would actually be able to keep that building as a stronghold.

The Ho Boat: Like any good investment, I decided to give the hos to Zimos. After all, I can make more than the $25,000 over time. Not to mention... why the hell would I give back the hos that I stole from in the first place. Keeping them is by far a much bigger bitchslap to my enemies' face.

Stag Party: I gave Josh Birk back to Shaundi. Watching the two of them quarrel is a type of comedy that money can't buy. Besides, why would I need Stag's help when I already owned ALL of Steelport by that time?

http://deckers.die: I chose Vehicles. I wasn't happy with either choice really, but I was already fully upgraded and happy with my current weapon load-out. I could always find more cars to pimp out though.

My Name Is Cyrus Temple: Specter Bike and Upgraded Tank. It was a tough choice between the charges and tank though. I don't think anyone refused to pick the Specter. XD

Zombie Attack: Destroyed the Virus. Being the zombie hunter that I am, I couldn't stand around and watch the virus be used to further spread their ranks... Regardless of whether they would be used for my own means or not. Also... Burt Fucking Reynolds. 'Nuff said.

Murderbrawl XXXI: I unmasked the bastard, knowing that to him it would be a fate worse than death (and I respect Angel/Hulk Hogan). Had no idea the power of the mask, that is very interesting.

Three Way: Saved Shaundi, Viola, and Burt Reynolds, while letting Killbane get away. I may be "The Boss" and the leader of one of the most feared gangs in history, but that doesn't mean I'm a completely heartless bastard. Shaundi has been with the crew for quite a while and I've already lost Gat, I couldn't stand to lose another one of my homies (given how many I've already lost getting to this point). Also refer to Zombie Attack answer for Burt Reynolds reasoning. Killbane was no longer any kind of real threat, nor did he directly have anything to do with the death of Gat. He was demasked, shammed, and a broken shell of the man he once was.

blackblood911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blackblood911

i did exactly like u

and i think i will finish it again with the opposite choices xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Kept tower

Let Zimos do his magic

Gave Josh Birk to STAG

Got upgraded tank and hover bike

Gave virus to Mayor Reynolds

APOCA FIST DUDE

Snapped that motherfuckers neck after blowing up his jet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.