Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Pink Cat with a rocket launcher?

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By justinnotjason

So I just started playing this game, haven't even done any missions yet, just about 2 hours of driving around and the usual mayhem. So I load up the game and all of a sudden this pink cat with a rocket launcher starts shooting at the cops. So I'm thinking bad ass ( and what a weird character), my first instinct is to kill him. He took alot of damage (like 4 beat downs, 5 clips to the head, and run over him with a car 4 times, then just burned out on his head for about 15 seconds) but I got a 100k and his rocket launcher.

Now the real point of this thread is: Did I just kill somebody important?

I read online he randomly appears and is one the hardest people in the game but not having done the story yet, is he at all integral?

I'll keep two saves just in case and enjoy my $100k :)

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
    Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Professor Genki NOOOOO!

*ahem* He doesn't take part in the story missions. I found him once and let him live just to watch him wreck stuff.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

He's just a special NPC that spawns rarely and causes mayhem.

There's no downside to taking him out.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By zidd

Professor genki is a very rare pedestrian NPC. Killing him nets you HUGE cash bonuses and has no effect on anything besides that.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By chilibean_3

I didn't even know you could kill him! He just took so much punishment then would get up to go kick someone in the groin that I just assumed he was indestructible and ran for it.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ltsmash

@Zidd said:

Professor genki is a very rare pedestrian NPC. Killing him nets you HUGE cash bonuses and has no effect on anything besides that.

It would have sucked if killing him, say, locked all of the Super Ethical Reality Climax missions. "Sorry folks, show's cancelled."

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By laserbolts

I hate that guy. Tried to get the photo op collectable but he kept running up to the dude and kicking him in the nuts. I thought he was invincible.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

I played through the entire game without seeing him, and today on my second playthrough, I came across him twice... weird. Helped me get some good upgrades early.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By xMP44x

@chilibean_3 said:

I didn't even know you could kill him! He just took so much punishment then would get up to go kick someone in the groin that I just assumed he was indestructible and ran for it.

Use the second shotgun (not the Grave Digger, I think it's the Ultimax), and have it upgraded to Level 4. If you have the Insta Reload and Infinite Ammo upgrades you can take him down in about four seconds by holding the trigger down. He's strong, but against the Level 4 weapons, he's not that strong. When I first killed him I saw him a second time on the same street and just went with it. The first kill was $300,000 and then $400,000, so he might drop more and more if you keep finding him.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

Let Professor Genki nut-shot you. You will thank me later.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

MURDERTIME! FUNTIME!

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By justinnotjason

I didn't think he was all that tough. He took a buttload of punishment but he probably only hit me once or twice. The rest of the time he was just a sponge for bullets and cars.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ben_H

Yet another reason why this game is awesome.

sergeantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sergeantz

I saw this thread before booting the game back up, and got him twice. 600k does a whole lot towards breaking that game to pieces. I love it.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

I saw him once during a trafficking activity, but he went down fairly easily and I didn't get any cash. Might not have been the actual encounter.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sjupp

Man, I could use 300k

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By napalm
    @AlecOfTheWest said:

I saw him once during a trafficking activity, but he went down fairly easily and I didn't get any cash. Might not have been the actual encounter.

When you get whatever his pickups are, they don't show up on your screen. You have to go to the cellphone and look at your money and/or your ammo counter to see if you actually got it.
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By EightBitShik

I didn't know about this until I read it on here. I played for 55 hours and I didn't see him once.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By DBrim

I didn't see him for the first 25 hours, then I saw him 4 times in 2 hours. Go figure.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By darkfury

1000G'd the game and never saw this happen!

tommytom2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tommytom2k2

WHOA.

So I seen this guy and Googled to find this thread. Melee'ed him a while with the dildo thinking that did massive damage but then got bored and figured I might be wrong, so I pulled out the upgraded shotgun like suggested and unloaded on him while he was on the ground. He finally stopped getting up after that (put about 6 into him but might have been dead already by then). My cash was at about $200k last I checked (paid everything off that has been unlocked) and didn't get any cash walking around. Also, don't think the rocket launcher dropped either. I was like "meh" since I don't need money anymore, basically.

Then the creepy part happened.... A few seconds later (after trying to loot the cat), a cop just crouch walks (sneaks, I suppose) up staring at me but doesn't open fire. Checked and, no, the cops aren't pissed at me. Thought he might have been checking the body, but he doesn't look at it or he glances at it then puts his back to it and me. I wander off a few feet (think I was quick-jacking cars for the achievement or had JUST walked off to do that) and then I start hearing rockets shooting again. I strafe around the cop in the trees to see and YES THE WEIRD COP HAD PICKED UP THE ROCKET LAUNCHER AND WAS AIMING AT ME! I quickly kill him (normal cop HP) and see the rocket launcher drop and try to hold R (PC) but seems it's a normal rocket launcher I already have then check my money AND I HAVE 1.1+ million dollars!

900k?!?!??!?!?!? WHOA!

I would upload the save, but I believe you respawn at the nearest crib.

If it helps, the cat spawned right after beating the drug deal activity in that area with the circular dead-end housing area. Just before that, I had finished "The Trouble with Clones" mission line and got the "My Pet, Monster" achievement and just did the drug deal (or whatever) activity since it was right there and I hadn't done it yet.

First time I saw him, so the money doesn't go up per kill. I think it's random from 100k-1m? Cop might have just been a coincidence or something (caught me jacking and picked up the rocket launcher I might have just not seen). Still doesn't explain why I didn't get the loot and the cop dropped it. I think it is scripted for him to come do that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.