Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Spoilers in future podcasts?

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By theodacourt

Dear Giant Bomb,

I like what I'm hearing about Saint's Row: The Third but, like Jeff, I have played some of the earlier games and never got very far in them because I just didn't find them fun or interesting. That's what makes Jeff's reaction surprising to me and why I do want to play this game, but due to my past experiences I don't want to pay full price. Waiting for a price drop and actually getting through the whole bunch of other games out now means I won't be getting it for a while. It sounds like a GOTY contender and while my prediction is that it won't be subjected to the same scrutiny as other contenders, I can't rule it out either. I supposed I'm a bit worried that a lot of the crazy stuff may be spoiled in future Bombcasts and especially GOTY deliberations.

I can get around it by not listening or not caring, or maybe even by buying the game right now (I'm not going to buy the game right now) but I would hope that people who are holding out for a price drop would get to experience it as fresh as possible. I feel I already know too much! I'm kind of interested to see if anyone else is holding my position or if it's just bought or not for everyone else. If I'm the only guy that this applies to then yeah, just ignore this plea and carry on duders, carry on.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

Everything they say about Saints Row the third is a spoiler. The plot doesn't 'build' in the traditional sense, it is a series of moments that get more and more crazy. The best part is the surprise. Play it as soon as you can, because the more you hear about how crazy it is, the less crazy it will feel when you do play it.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Liber
    Kanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kanden

Personally I'm hoping for a spoilercast. It seems as if the entire cast has either played it or plans on playing it. Plus a spoiler cast would get it out of their systems so they don't want to talk about it on the Bombcast.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By poveren

I enjoy the fact that they are giving it so much attention with such giddiness. Don't really remember many games that received the same treatment.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By wchigo

That's one of the reasons why I went out and bought the game yesterday, even though I have not played the previous two SR games (though I do own SR1, bought it after it reached "Platinum Hits" status or whatever it's called).

I only got to play maybe half an hour of it thus far, so I can't really comment on anything, but it's safe to say that if you want to go in as fresh as possible you either need to get the game soon (which you seem adamant about not doing) or be very, VERY careful about listening to future Bombcasts and especially end of the year deliberations (perhaps avoiding the latter entirely).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.