Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The fourth game in the Scribblenauts series focuses on cooperative multiplayer and content sharing, while further increasing the number of possible objects players can create.

Instructions- Turn off console then insert disc?

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Blastroid

So as my Wii U update trickles I decided to open up the informative Scribblenauts Unlimited instruction manual. Here is the getting started section:

1. Turn OFF the Wii U console by pressing the Power Button.

2. Insert Scribblenauts Unlimited Game Disc into the Disc Slot of the Wii U.

3. Turn ON the Wii U console by pressing the Power Button.

4. Touch the Scribblenauts Unlimited icon on the Touch Screen to start the game.

Have I been using my consoles wrong this entire time. Is the proper way to turn them off before inserting a disc. This seems odd.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

I think that's their super-conservative way of making sure everything works correctly (a system starting from "boot" has less of a chance for something to go wrong/something to interfere with the game launching). Considering the Wii U still uses a slot-loading drive, it technically can't have a disc inserted into it unless the system is powered on (if it's like the Wii, the system is always on in a low power state anyway, even if you don't use the Wii Connect 24 feature).

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By roland_d11

That is interesting ;-). Does the WiiU turn on when you try to insert a disc into the drive (like the PS3 does)? If yes, the third step would be obsolete ;-) .

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

In the game type in "Scribblenauts Unlimited Instructions Manual" and "WiiU" and tell us what you get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.