Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sea of Thieves

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2018

Set in an era of classic piracy, Sea of Thieves is a first-person open-world game where players form a crew of pirates and sail off to find treasure. As it is a "shared world" game, pirate crews can encounter other crews and engage in epic maritime skirmishes.

Sea of Thieves is looking really good

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DharmaBum

IGN posted an article about what you actually do in the game and it includes some raw gameplay footage (without annoying people screaming).

Rare have also been uploading short behind scenes videos that delve into the game's design, art direction, tech etc.

It's really great to see them working on something other than Kinect rubbish. Their output on the 360 often gets overlooked because of the Microsoft buyout, but all those games are highly under-appreciated in my opinion. Rare Replay was a nice reminder that there are still passionate people working there.

Anyone else looking forward to this game next year?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I really hope it lives up to expectations, everything about it strikes me as something I would love to play.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I'm right there with you OP. It's feels good to be excited about a new Rare game. Hopefully Sea of Thieves sparks a renaissance at Twycross.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So...wenches and boy-toys are in there too? You guys are saying I do anything a Pirates would do...but really?

• Can I find a lady in every port?
    • Can I rescue my lady/lad love from bad-guys?
    • Can I romance the Governor's daughter? (or son)
    • Can I dance at the grad ball with one or other of some person's daughters?

This is all stuff in various ' other' pirate games, but while these guys say, 'everything' they really don't seem to mean that at all. I hope I'm wrong, but this looks very Disney.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minor update: it looks like they're now accepting signups for future beta tests. Took me a few minutes to fill out one of those "gaming habit" surveys.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/sign-up

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilcalvin: Not sure but this Insider program just went live a week ago I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.