Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

When Earth is in its final hour before extinction from alien hordes, it's up to one man to venture through an apocalyptic near-future Egypt and begin a journey to save humanity: Sam "Serious" Stone.

So how is the game?

Avatar image for nostalgicshakedown
    NostalgicShakedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've played the first Serious Sam to death and played a bit of the Second Encounter and loved the trailers they made for Serious Sam 3, but how is the game? I want to get it, but just wanted to ask what everyone's impression is of the game.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dark

Played the first few levels so far, if you liked serious sam before, its serious sam again but so far it doesn't give you so many enemies constantly like the first one did. There are breaks with few enemies, then one area with lots, so on and so forth. The engine is good but no way near the graphical leap the first game was at the time.

If you liked serious sam, then yeh, its the same with iron sights (which I almost never use in all 'serious'ness) and sprinting which is handy. Oh and Melee attacks are stupid over powered when there ain't a whole lot of enemies around. The main reason being if you get the prompt, you could be 15 meters away from an enemy then teleport to their face and rip it off in an instant. Makes the bone dudes twice as easy to kill now you can just rip their heads off when they pounce you.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie
    @Dark: You say you're still only a few levels in, do you think the lack of seriousness might be because it's still in the "tutorialising" phase of the game?
    Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Dark

I have been playing a good hour or two now, it hasn't given me a tutorial like thing in a long time. I believe I am 5 levels in from memory, I am playing it on hard so I never have full health neither is there enough of it to put me to full health. On occasion they throw lots of enemies and it feels like the old game again and survival has a huge amount of enemies spawn, I imagine as the game tapers on they will throw more enemies then now. I am enjoying it, its like what would happen if MW3 decided to screw the realistic angle and redesign quake .... with iron sights that you never need to use.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta
    Chadwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chadwick

Best FPS of the year.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Rasgueado

I'm having a great time so far. It took a little bit to work up to some if the heavier action (as someone else noted before), but it eventually reaches a nice crazy level of seriousness by the "Iron Cloud" level.

There isn't anything like in the first game where I had a chaingun versus a never ending column of Kleer skeletons, but it still hectic.

Edit: I take that back. About half way through the game I hit a spot where I didn't stop firing the minigun for about 4 minutes.

Edit 2: Having finished the game... I definitely take all of that back. The last level is one of the most punishing two hours of shooting you might ever have.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By mrbubbles

i finished the game twice and you really can't judge it by the first few levels it starts out kinda slow but then it picks up and turns just as awesome as it's predecessors it totally becomes a serious sam ass serious sam game plus it looks damn good being serious sam. if you liked the previous games you'll totally enjoy the shit out of it i know i have it's been refreshing to play an fps that wasn't a military shooter.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

Buh. So many great games but so many exams to do...

But yeah so far the reaction has been pretty positive. The beginning's a little slow but it seems like a Serious Sam game (not sure why iron sights are even there though). Looking forward to picking this up.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

I wish we knew some more details on the console versions. I played the absolute hell out of Serious Sam II on the Xbox way back when.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Never liked those Painkiller-esque shooters, they're fucking stressful.

Games5522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Games5522

That's the point of them. You have to put in thought and effort to do well in them, compared to the whackamole of most shooters these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.