Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Just finished my Completionist run.

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mikecardii

I think tomorrow evening I will start my minimalist run. I haven't gotten to level 50 yet, still about 13 levels away. Finished all the Proving Ground missions. I think I'll have a lot of fun with the minimalist run, but I might have to consult a guide. Looking forward to repeat playthroughs and recommending this game to all my friends lol. By far the best Summer of Arcade game.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TimeWaffle

minimalist run is really easy if you set it to casual and then use the golden guns

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikecardii
    @DrDemon: I'll take your word for it, but I'm ocd about collecting shit. Can the minimalist run be completed with just getting the base omega armor equipment? Are there any of them you have to skip?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Minimalist run is no problem.  Just follow the blue lines and don't collect anything other than pieces that come along in the story.  Hell, I picked up two extra things (one is a set of gold bars that is unavoidable, and the other was a health upgrade near the beginning that is avoidable but I figured it would help me a little), and I was right at 13% when I completed the game. 

Now I just need to get to level 50.  I'm at 39 right now after an additional playthrough, but I keep getting distracted by my achievement whoring ways with Warriors Orochi 2.  lol  You would think that an S rank on Shadow Complex would be more important to me than some points from repetition.  Not the case.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I don't think I'm gonna be able to do a Minimalist run after I also just finished my Completionist run.
    Towards the end I just wanted the game to be over and the achievement points to be mine.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Metroid545
    @jakob187 said:
    " Minimalist run is no problem.  Just follow the blue lines and don't collect anything other than pieces that come along in the story.  Hell, I picked up two extra things (one is a set of gold bars that is unavoidable, and the other was a health upgrade near the beginning that is avoidable but I figured it would help me a little), and I was right at 13% when I completed the game.  Now I just need to get to level 50.  I'm at 39 right now after an additional playthrough, but I keep getting distracted by my achievement whoring ways with Warriors Orochi 2.  lol  You would think that an S rank on Shadow Complex would be more important to me than some points from repetition.  Not the case. "
    thats exactly what i got, the health just sitting in the room and that stupid gold block, thankfully I had the golden guns so I could nab the shotgun early and the rest was a easy
    ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ProjektGill

I think I beat it with around 8 percent with: Backpack, Grenades, Foam, Missiles, 2 Health Packs and I got the double jump because Foam Towers got really old, really fast. I'm happy about my first proper S-Rank (Dash of Destruction does not count to me), hoping to get S in Batman:AA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.