Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun Returns

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based RPG created by Harebrained Schemes.

All them lore characters! *character spoilers*

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Not only do we have Jake Armitage from the SNES game, but there's Maria Mercurial from some of the classic tabletop adventure modules, and Dodger from the novels.

I'm sure there's more, so I'm definitely keeping an I out. I'm pretty damn happy on how deep they went into the lore, as well as the different media associated with SR. Hell, I'm expecting someone from the Japan only MegaCD version of the game to be in it somewhere.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Harlequin is in there too and at least a mention of Lofwyr

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was trying to remember why I thought the Jake Armitage name sounded familiar. I know I loved the SNES Shadowrun game, but I couldn't remember shit about it.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

It's not Shadowrun lore, but Mr Kluwe at the Seamtress's Union is an homage to Chris Kluwe, the Raider's punter and vocal gamer and equality enthusiast. He was with the Vikings during development of the game, and the horns and purple shirt are from their logo and color scheme. Just another nice touch and shows some attention to detail.

SVIRFNEBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Armitage is from the SNES game, the name is most probably taken from Neuromancer (a book everyone should read) which is in turn probably a subtle homage to H.P. Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror ( a short story everyone should read).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@asmo917 said:

It's not Shadowrun lore, but Mr Kluwe at the Seamtress's Union is an homage to Chris Kluwe, the Raider's punter and vocal gamer and equality enthusiast. He was with the Vikings during development of the game, and the horns and purple shirt are from their logo and color scheme. Just another nice touch and shows some attention to detail.

Homage? He was one of the backers who bought their way into the game.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

@asmo917 said:

Hmm, that'd make him the 2nd football player I've seen who's really enthusiastic about tabletop RPGs.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By asmo917

@starvinggamer said:

@asmo917 said:

Hmm, that'd make him the 2nd football player I've seen who's really enthusiastic about tabletop RPGs.

I didn't realize he was a backer, but that makes perfect sense. I knew he was playing it.

I'm really curious - who's the other football player into these types of games?!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.