Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

How great are the movie references? [MILD SPOILERS]

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Roomrunner

When you run into the cabin at Act 3-3, I was thinking "huh, that was a bit of a Sam Rami tracking shot they did.   It would be funny if they kept it up and chased me through it like in Evil Dead 2."   Then the camera pans out and gets a real nice shot of the cabin, and I go "nooo, it can't be."  Next shot is the demon in the floor trap door, and I was giddy as all hell.  What a great moment in the game.  Evil Dead is a franchise that is easily quoted in geek culture, but with little tact.  This was a total curveball, and fit in with the scene perfectly.  Well done! 

I also loved the Ghostbusters bit in the library.  All I needed after that was for Johnson to say "Nice shootin, Tex."  You know, for all the dick jokes they cram in, they got pretty clever in this game when they wanted to.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

I loved the cabin part. The Evil Dead series is one of the best horror/comedy series out there.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Yeah, theres a ton of awesome ones, As well as the library ghost Christopher sings the ghostbusters theme  at one of the shops. Also,when you first enter the underground tombs Garcia does a direct quote from Aliens.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cornbredx

I agree, that moment in the game is awesome.

I love the little homages sprinkled through out the game, that one was the most obvious and I thought it was a nice touch as well. Christopher's comment on it is kinda funny too.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Agent47

The Evil Dead part was sweet and somewhat expected from a game like this but the GhostBustsers bit caught me off guard I fully endorse this game for a sequel please please.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Liquidus

I loved the Evil Dead reference. I saw the lone cabin in the woods and I was like "Hmm, this reminds me of Eivil Dead" and then you go in and see that demon peeking out of the cellar door and I was like "Yep! They just made a huge Evil Dead reference! Awesome."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.