Devil Survivor 2 coming soon.

#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2313 posts) -
#2 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -

I feel like even the first Devil Survivor game's character designs bore similarities with Durarara in some respects. 

Oh, I just looked it up it's probably because the character designer is Suzuhito Yasuda - apparently he did Durarara's character designs in addition to those of Devil Survivor's.

#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

Heck, I don't need fancy Wii-level graphics and swanky 3D effects in my Devil Survivor 2. Bring it on!
#4 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (698 posts) -

I really hope the characters are more likable than the cast of Devil Survivor. I found every character to be pretty lifeless and it ended up making me feel really disconnected from the story. 

#5 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:
"
Also, for the anime fans here, don't you think these character designs look a bit too much like Durarara?

Well, that's probably because the same guy who did that show did the Devil Survivor art.

I don't like it. Wish they'd get some Soejima or Kaneko up in there.
#6 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @metalsnakezero said:
"
Also, for the anime fans here, don't you think these character designs look a bit too much like Durarara?

Well, that's probably because the same guy who did that show did the Devil Survivor art.  I don't like it. Wish they'd get some Soejima or Kaneko up in there. "
I honestly dont know why people say this, I loved the art in Devil Survivor. Also super pumped that it's on the DS :D
#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

It's going to be on the DS?

Oh Atlus, I love you so much <3

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Expect a 3DS port to be announced shortly after the game's initial release. :P

#9 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

I'm most interested to see if this is an unrelated sequel or if the story from the first game will factor in, and how.  The characters do look pretty Durarara reminiscent- the three main characters even have the same color schemes going on as the DRRR! crew.  Those references in the character designs will probably be as far as the similarities go, but in all honesty DRRR! was for the most part a pretty okay show, and did a good job of mixing weird paranormal crap in with everyday life.  If the story took a cue or two, it wouldn't be a terrible thing.

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#11 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" Expect a 3DS port to be announced shortly after the game's initial release. :P "

Well the first game, has already been announced for 3DS. 
#12 Posted by Jazz (2289 posts) -

Sweet. 
Loved the first game

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" Expect a 3DS port to be announced shortly after the game's initial release. :P "
 Well the first game, has already been announced for 3DS.  "
I know, it's VGK's most anticipated 3DS game.
#14 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:
I know, it's VGK's most anticipated 3DS game. "

Really, well he'll be waiting a while, I expect it's going to take an age to arrive in the West : / 

25% Bigger
#15 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -

Anyway, I see no problem with the character designs in this context. It'd be much better than, say, Aoki Ume's character designs. I can't even picture a Hidamari/Madoka Magica game like this. 'xD

#16 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

enjoyed the first one a lot, glad there is a DS verison
#17 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:
lol 

YOU HEARING US VIDEOGAMEKING
#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

That helmet looks like a Celty helmet which is kinda weird I guess, haven't seen Durarara. 

More importantly though, that girls boobs, they are disproportionate in a ridiculous way.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -
@Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:

Really, well he'll be waiting a while, I expect it's going to take an age to arrive in the West : / 

25% Bigger
"
it was already confirmed for summer 2011 :P
#20 Posted by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

Woo, hopefully the combat will be better, and glad I still don't need to buy a 3DS!

#21 Posted by metalsnakezero (2313 posts) -
@EquitasInvictus:  Hey, there is nothing wrong with Aoki Ume's character designs. But I can agree why some people may not like it.
#22 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -
@metalsnakezero I love his desgins, but I mean in terms of games like these, it'd only be likeable for people like us who are familiar. Those unfamiliar would definitely be taken aback.

Personally, it did take me a while to warm up to Ume's characters watching Hidamari Sketch at first.
#23 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Contro said:

" @LordAndrew said:

" @Contro said:
" @LordAndrew said:

"
It will probably reach the west first. DSO doesn't even have a JP release date yet.

Atlus US> Atlus JP lol
#24 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Wow!, I never realized that before, I'm surprised that was the US division announcing the game, how weird. 

Overclocked must be designed for the Western market first and foremost.    

#25 Posted by metalsnakezero (2313 posts) -
#26 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Cool to hear.  Interesting that it'll be on the DS instead of the 3DS, but regardless, I'm interested.

And it's sure to be VGK's game of the year.

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
.....People are expecting a response from me? You're kidding.  Fine, here we go:

@Laketown said:
" it was already confirmed for summer 2011 :P "
Yea, that makes me confident about this game: an early release alongside another game in the series.
#28 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" .....People are expecting a response from me? You're kidding. "
Yeah, we need a quote for the back of the box.
#29 Edited by Soren (291 posts) -

The MC pops his collar like no other. 

Bummer that Kaneko won't be handling the boss designs though. I hope this game is less... red then it's predecessor 

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@LordAndrew: 

How about this:

@Video_Game_King said:
" It's called Devil Survivor because not even Satan could survive this shit. "
That good enough for you?
#31 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: Thanks muchly.
#32 Posted by metalsnakezero (2313 posts) -
#33 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

The character art looks better than the first game that's for sure.

#34 Posted by metalsnakezero (2313 posts) -
#35 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Fucking god damn it Atlus, I love you. 

Radiant Historia, now this shit. 

THE DS IS STILL RELEVANT.

#36 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

@Video_Game_King:
Unknown invaders called the "Septentrion" suddenly invade and attack Japan one particular Sunday. From that moment, attacks occur once a day from the invaders.  Each day, a different Septentrion creature is the attacker. A group of 13 demon summoners are charged with defeating the Septentrion within seven days. With sights and sounds by the famed Yasuda Suzuhito and composer Kenji Ito overwhelming the senses, are you ready to survive?

"truly the last swan song for the DS"- Edge magazine 

" It's called Devil Survivor because not even Satan could survive this shit. " -Video_game_king

"lol videogameking" -Mutha3

#37 Posted by liako21 (526 posts) -

this is out. still havent played the original. heard it was insanely difficult in some parts i wonder how this one matches up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.