Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

I need some help!

cire147258369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cire147258369

Ok so im a huge fan of anything Shin Megami Tensei and that includes the devil survivor games but iv never been able to beat or even come close to beating either of these games.

I want to go buy the second game again and give it another go and i simply want to know if there is any tip or something to make the game easier or if there might be something im missing.

Any advice at all would be highly appreciated!!!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

oh gosh, I knew this at some point in my life (like 5 months ago when the game came out) but now I would just try to have at least one demon that has healing as a racial skill and once you get there have recarm on at least one person, hopefully two.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@cire147258369: Just use a FAQ to play through the whole game, because Jesus Christ, the finales of both Devil Survivor games are unfair as fuck, so you might as well cheat and just look up the optimal way to build up your demons. It's honestly the only way most normal (non hardcore SMT enthusiast) people have a chance at finishing those games.

cire147258369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cire147258369

@BisonHero: Yeah i was thinking about doing that it just kinda sucks having to use a guide for the entire game :P

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@cire147258369 said:

@BisonHero: Yeah i was thinking about doing that it just kinda sucks having to use a guide for the entire game :P

I mean, sure, it's technically possible for you to do it on your own if you are VERY savvy at figuring out on your own how to optimize RPG skill systems and make super broken character teams. But even then, near the end of the Devil Survivor games, they just throw some stuff at you that you can't see coming but you sort of NEED to be meticulously prepared for.

To give a specific example, at the end of DS 1, the Jezebel fight basically requires that you have one or more demons with Reflect Fire/Null Fire because of how absurdly strong Jezebel's fire spells are, and because you're fighting on lava that constantly damages you (not that you get ANY advance notice of this, compared to say, the earlier Wendigo fight where you're sort of told to expect ice attacks). If you accidentally already fused away your demons that had Null Fire and you didn't inherit Null Fire, you are 100% fucked. Unless you want to regain a demon with Null Fire, which requires that you go through a bunch of fusing shenanigans, but since the number of demons available to buy only updates when time passes, you're basically stuck with whatever demons are available for auction at that time, and most of them will have poor stats and be at base level.

That was the point at which I realized I was having anti-fun, and my frustration was exceeding my interest in seeing how the story played out.

Also Yuzu is just annoying as hell.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr

I thought DS2 was, on the whole, a lot easier than the first. Your biggest enemy will be battles that drag out and test you and your demons' endurance, but skills like Holy Dance and Drain, while nerfed in comparison to how broken they were in 1, are still good. On the other hand, Physical skills are much more overpowered in this game. Multi-Strike plus Pierce on a demon or ally will tear up pretty much anything that can't reflect Physical.

I always prioritize covering up demons' weaknesses when I fuse, and given how DS just lets you pick and choose skills to pass over, it's not too hard to do if you also use it in conjunction with the handy fusion results menu. There's a couple demons near the end of the game that can easily Null or better every single element in the game, barring Almighty.

So besides that, I'd say just keep a stable of demons of more useful racial skills on your bench at all times. The Kishin race lets you take multiple turns, and the Avians' flight skill lets you easy navigate through roadblocks on the map -- very useful for some endgame scenarios.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

DS 2 is actually a whole lot easier than the first game.

The last couple of boss fights will probably require a lot of grinding though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.