Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 03, 2011

A PSP remake of the original PS1 title Persona 2: Innocent Sin. The remake is the first version of the game to see official release in North America.

Name that song from end of Persona 2 PSP video

Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ham08

Hey everyone!  Could someone please watch/listen to this Persona 2 PSP video and tell me the name of the song at the end?  What is the name of the group that performs it? I love it and I just cannot get it out of my head.  It's driving me nuts, not knowing.  Thanks!
    P.S.
    The song begins at around 7:54 or seven minutes and fifty-four seconds into the video.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

I have no idea but I have questions for you about this, which Persona 2 is this? And any localization plans?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

that's just the intro theme I dunno what it's called though

Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ham08

This is Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP remake.  The Japanese release date is April 14th according to

RPGFan website.

As far as localization, nothing has been announced yet, but Atlus has localized Persona and Persona 3 PSP remakes, so I would say that there is a good chance of that happening.
    Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ham08

I checked Giantbomb sound track opening theme listing for this PSP remake here and it appears that "Unbreakable Tie - by Lotus Juice & Asami Izawa" is the name of the song.  I found another video that just has a partial clip from the sound track.  About 50 seconds in to this video, you can hear the part I like.  Too bad there is rap at the beginning, it seems out of place and subtracts from the quality of this beautiful song.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Ham08:  It's obvious they were going for a duality between the rapping and singing but yeah I agree that the singing is way better- holy crap her English pronunciation is great (I recall in an interview Shoji Meguro wanting a singer who doesn't speak Engrish for future games). I give the rapping a partial pass though because I'm used to that kind of thing (Lotus Juice, persona 3)

This game has to come here- right?
    On a related note, I hope they bring back some form of Demon negotiation for Persona 5. (puts away flamethrower) Also, a variation of Law/Netural/Chaos alignments would be cool. Also, Philemon needs to return. He was awesome.
    Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ham08

@ thehexeditor  Yes!  She's got an awesome voice and I love the melody.  I'm pretty sure they will localize it, they brought the Persona and Persona 3 PSP remakes over, so why not?  I'm buying at least 2 copies, for sure.  Now, Persona 5, is a whole new ball of wax.  I am buying 5 copies of that if it turns out to be the incredible piece of work that I know they are capable of.  Gottta support my favorite devloper and product series.  :)

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Ham08 said:

" @ thehexeditor  Yes!  She's got an awesome voice and I love the melody.  I'm pretty sure they will localize it, they brought the Persona and Persona 3 PSP remakes over, so why not?  I'm buying at least 2 copies, for sure.  Now, Persona 5, is a whole new ball of wax.  I am buying 5 copies of that if it turns out to be the incredible piece of work that I know they are capable of.  Gottta support my favorite devloper and product series.  :) "

Yeah, this one looks great. Not many people played Persona 2 ( barely anyone played Innocent Sin aka. part 1 because it never came out here save for a fan translation) so this remastering will be a perfect addition to the series. The story is great- I think it's better than P3 and P4's in some aspects. The game does things that P3+4 don't. The difficulty has been tuned- supposedly no more PS1 rpg era bullshit to deal with (grinding/instant death/crazy unfair shit) and three difficulties instead of two that can be changed ingame. There is a "Theater mode" that serves as a gateway to brand spanking new quests (with new characters and a couple new personas even) designed by Atlus employees.
    The sprite-based graphics and animations age very well as this is on the PSP and the new cut-in portraits of the characters (drawn by P3+P4's chara designer Shigenori Soejima) look very nice.
    Also, the music.  new music from Shoji Meguro (who is the game's producer as well right? he must take a 'kitchen sink' approach to game design) with the option to listen to the old stuff too.

The only problem I see with localization is having English voices though I think Atlus will probably think it worthy enough to have.
    Also I'm afraid that people will be turned off because of the lackluster Persona PSP and be like "Oh they're re-releasing another old Persona, it must be bad
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta
    @thehexeditor: she is not so great live, if it's the same person who did the P4 thing.

also the P2 soundtrack is way awesome and I doubt meguro would be able to top it. the Masquerade theme is so amazing
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Laketown said:
    " @thehexeditor: she is not so great live, if it's the same person who did the P4 thing. "
    Nope, it's obviously not the same person.
    P4's engrish was a bit grating in retrospect >_>
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Laketown said:

" @thehexeditor: also the P2 soundtrack is way awesome and I doubt meguro would be able to top it. the Masquerade theme is so amazing "

Option for original BGM is in.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mutha3
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @Ham08:   This game has to come here- right?
    Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.