Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Did I Do Something Wrong? (Spoilers)

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bulletstorm

Alrighty, so I finished the fight against Izanami just maybe four or five days ago and, I still can't figure this out...  

I believe I was level 79 or lower, and I fought Izanami with a level 81 Satan. My question is; are those level 90 Persona's meant to be for the second playthrough? Did I miss 10 levels of Experience somehow or is there an extra 10 levels of Exp in the Second playthrough?  

The only optional boss I did not do was the Heaven one; but I only ever leveled up like 1-2 times in the optional dungeon-run & boss. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

You got the true ending....how could you have done something wrong? Max S link personas are for nerds like me that grind for no other reason then to complete the compendium.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

No, you didn't.  You just get access to those Personas by spending more time in the dungeons leveling.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By endaround

Of course you did miss out on the best item of the game by not redoing Heaven-1/2 SP cost.  But yeah, P4 isn't like P3 where getting up to level 99 is just a unlocked dungeon away.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By bulletstorm

:O... 1/2 SP Cost??? Oh darn... well I kept the save data before the fight anyways, as well as the New Game + data so I guess I could always go back and do the bossfight again without using a Soma... Oh how Naoto could desperately use a 1/2 SP Cost.  

So what you are saying is, to get the grandaddy of all Strength Arcana Personas, I'd have to grind out another 10 levels? I guess it would have been cool to fuse the best Personas of each arcana but damn, 10 levels?  

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darkstar614

Yeah unless you want the complete compendium, not a whole lot of reason to get up to level 90+ . Some of the best personas(personae?) in the game aren't even that high level to fuse. But what the hell, not like there's much else to do after you get the true ending. And an excuse to put more hours into this great game is an awesome thing, regardless of "pointlessness"

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By eirikr

Yeah, now's a great time to experiment with fusing some cool personas that will be useful should you do a new game+. Getting the high level skills and passing them down to more affordable personas will make the goings easier.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By amino
    @BulletStorm: 

Those 90 and above level personae can be used to fight 2 most hardest bosses in this game,which can be only found on second playthrough and to level up very quickly.Starting from second playthrough,you can easily hit Lvl 99 Lvl if you destroy everything with you powerful personae and go solo.And then fuse all personae to see 100% compendium to declare yourself as the master of Persona 4. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.