Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Where can I get better armor and weapons in Persona 4?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm having a tough time playing Persona 4 at the moment and I'm starting to notice that it isn't anything to do with my level. I'm very high level for my area (or so I think I am, about 50 after the Void dungeon) but my equipement is nearly all low level stuff. When I go to the weapons shop, he only has the first grade weapons and that's all. He said in the beginning if I brought him better crafting tools I could get better gear, but nothing has happened. I've also done some shopping on the home shopping network, but that's about it. Thanks for any help.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By morningstar

You sell him all the junk you find in the dungeons and he gets new weapons and armor available for you to purchase.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By rentfn

There is an option to sell all your junk and then he crafts stuff. If you haven't done this all game that is going to take some time.

kalibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kalibr

Im amazed you made it that far without selling your materials

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Flappy

@kalibr said:

Im amazed you made it that far without selling your materials

This. Maybe it's due to the amount of time I've put into this series over the years, but...how did you miss this? Poor MC was walking around with a bunch of mustache fibers, girl talcs, and shackles in his pants.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalibr: Right after making this post I went back into the shop and noticed that I could sell him my materials. I now have a full arsenal of gear that puts my team in real shape. I'm a little stund how much materials I had and never sold until now. I think my frustration is now gonna go away with this game. lol

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flappy

@MrPilkington: Feels nice, doesn't it? As a word of advice, always buy armor before you buy weapons. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a couple points of armor can have. Oh, and weapons aren't all that great unless you plan on using the "Rush" function or want to kill someone without using HP/SP.

Happy Trails!

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Nictel

@MrPilkington said:

@kalibr: Right after making this post I went back into the shop and noticed that I could sell him my materials. I now have a full arsenal of gear that puts my team in real shape. I'm a little stund how much materials I had and never sold until now. I think my frustration is now gonna go away with this game. lol

LOL. How much money and how many button prompts where there?.. :P

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alternate

after that make sure you do the optional bosses and then - if you really want the best gear - fishing! (read a guide first though to avoid frustrating trial and error).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nictel: I looked away and kept pressing. I'd say about two straight minutes. I was getting very annoyed and irritated with this game and now I've figured out why. Now back to the fun!

kalibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kalibr

I'll bet its a little less frustrating lol! Some of those bosses can be pretty tough without good armor especially the void quest one. Fuck that guy and his two attacks per turn

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BisonHero

While we're on the topic: I don't think any of Kanji's weapons are as awesome as his default weapon. So perfect.

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Metalisticpain

i never bought weapons and armor really. Price always seemed too high. I needed then Yen for fusing and the compendium. I always just relied on the armor found in game, and the stuff I occaisionally bought on Sunday.

ABEomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ABEomination

Have fun with your newly broken game. xD Stuff should pretty much be a cakewalk from here on out. Just make sure you prioritize SP regeneration whenever possible.

I actually had a similar problem when I was first playing. I thought you had to talk to him and only sell him what he asked for... It got so tedious. O.O

Persona3rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a store in the shopping district (I thinks it is called Diadara). Many people say it's hard to get new weapons, but once you learn how to, IT ISN'T HARD AT ALLLLL. First, your have to go to the "sell" option and choose "sell all materials." Button mash X until Daidara is finished. Then go to either "weapons" or "armor" and click on the character you want to buy for. There should be new things to buy for almost every character.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@persona3rocks: This was answered several months ago, as were all of the other Persona 4 threads you're bumping.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.