Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 26, 2015

An Atlus-developed RPG for Wii U set in a modern-day world of music and art featuring characters and gameplay elements from Intelligent System's Fire Emblem franchise mixed with elements from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Trailer for SMT x Fire Emblem (Winter 2015 in Japan)

• 56 results
    vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't have a ton of Fire Emblem experience, but that trailer looked entirely Persona, a little SMT, and not FE at all.

Not what I was expecting? I assumed it'd be a game where SMT characters fought/ teamed up with FE characters.

Still looks interesting, minus the fan service.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reminds me more of that Hatsune Miku game they quick looked and a less stylish Persona than anything FE except the pegasus. They said that part would become apparent later though, so I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't seen that original trailer, but I can tell you that what I want is not "more generic looking persona 4".

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems more like a game that marries some concepts from each series rather than a more literal crossover game that leans heavily on either side, and from the looks of this SMT really has become a catch-all term that includes Persona while FE seems mostly represented by the Awakening team (pretty sure I have them to thank for those ridiculous outfits). I wouldn't be overly concerned about a lack of experience in the deep lineage of either series, I just hope it's a game that can stand on its own.

As it is now the game comes off as a bad anime, a product of its time mainly trying to cash in on the massive success and popularity of its contemporaries, adding in some idol performances and magical girl transformations for good measure. I can stomach some questionable character designs and a mountain of anime cliches for the sake of gameplay so I'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath.

The shot of the post-apocalyptic cityscape clearly meant to appease SMT fans in the midst of all that nonsense just annoyed me instead, that about sums up where I'm at.

Kumatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Kumatose

@zeik said:

@aegon: Well of course NeoGAF is. That place is so often a cesspool.

I'm not so much disappointed that it's not an actual crossover, more that it's basically the complete opposite of what I expected and wanted from an SMTxFE crossover/collaboration. I like Persona a lot, but I was really hoping this was going to be something more serious and way way less anime.

Honestly, even if you remove those expecations, if it wasn't for the mere fact that I like so much of what Atlus develops I don't think that trailer would get me interested in this game at all. But it is Atlus, so hopefully when more details come out they can turn my opinion around.

I think what bothers me the most is the generic J-pop song playing in the background. If you watch the trailer with the sound turned off and/or imagine a different song playing, it's not that bad at all. The art style is a little too anime-saturated for my taste (and I love the Persona character designs), but that sequence at around 1:25-1:27 is great.

You know what's hilarious? This is probably what the cynics expected the Persona 5 trailer to look like. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus pulls yet another bait-and-switch and the next trailer has a completely different style and tone. I don't own a Wii U, but I'm nevertheless interested in what they do with this game if only because I'm positive this trailer is deliberately misleading.

Kumatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Kumatose

WAIT. I just checked when the trailer was uploaded on Youtube: April 1st.

I don't frequent many gaming websites these days, but please tell me someone else noticed this before I did. I only didn't notice it at first because I looked at the date on which this thread was started rather than the date the video was uploaded.

LOLOL, oh my god this is an epic prank to pull on SMT fans. Holy shit. Fucking amazing. Nominate Atlus for company of the century.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.