Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Anarchy!

StupidGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By StupidGamer

Oh no, it seems I've gone and done something wrong. I'm pretty deep into a Prince 8 Civ game where I've been focusing heavily on Culture and Economy. I've only fought two wars (one of which ended at the first chance to work a treaty), and I'm allied with every city state. I've been using my relationships with the city states to boost happiness and culture and using the militaristic ones to provide me with plenty of units. 

Anyway, I'm currently getting about 475 culture per turn, so I'm blazing through the social policies and then...BAM! I adopt Autocracy and my people go into anarchy. Is this because I was adopting policies too quickly? My happiness when from +11 to -30 in one single turn. How long does this last, and do I need to fix this actively or does it resolve itself passively? 

Sorry for the noob question, but I hadn't seen anarchy discussed and I'm not sure if it works the same in this as in previous Civ games.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Liberty or Freedom cannot be active when you adopt Autocracy, perhaps that affected you.

Edit: I believe Freedom or Liberty provide happiness bonuses, so you probably lost them and that is why it changed.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By wh1terav3n

No, I think that if you grab a social policy that is not compatible with another social policy, it negates all your previous ones and tosses you into anarchy for a few turns. I would hit F1 to open the civilopedia and type in anarchy to find out more.

StupidGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By StupidGamer

Yeah, that was it. I had both, actually. So when this clears up, will I have lost Liberty and Freedom? If so, I'm boned. I don't think I have a save right before it, but maybe the autosave feature might save by butt.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mosdl
    @StupidGamer said:
    " Yeah, that was it. I had both, actually. So when this clears up, will I have lost Liberty and Freedom? If so, I'm boned. I don't think I have a save right before it, but maybe the autosave feature might save by butt. "
    Quicksave should be able to help

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.