Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sigma Harmonics

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released August 2008

Sigma Harmonics is an Adventure RPG for the Nintendo DS.

Sigma Harmonics - only $15 on import :-)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    As an importer of Japanese games, today I am a little excited.  Fresh from importing cheaply, Tales of Hearts from Hong Kong (plus the equally enjoyable A.S.H.), comes another great RPG that does not appear to making it in English in any hurry:

Sigma Harmonics
    Sigma Harmonics

Just $15, plus $3 postage.

Man, I am so there.

The Kurokami family has been protecting the huge grandfather's clock that prevents demons called Ouma from taking over the human world.

For centuries, this family has been doing their job in ascertaining that the human world stays untouched, however, someone has rewritten the past and humans are wiped out, completely replaced by Ouma.

It is up to Kurokami Sigma to right the wrongs that has been happening in history. Music, or tones are key weapons in the game as the Kurokami family controls sounds during battles.

Aside from battles, Sigma has to wrack his brains to solve the puzzles that leads to clues. However, the more mysteries he solves, the more people are killed, can he find the culprit before things become irreversible?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So, who is with me?  I need some Japanese RPG import buddies so we can discuss how cool we are for getting Japanese language games  :-)  If you can read Japanese, I will like you even more  xD

Serious;y though - this is a great game, supposedly, and that is an excellent price.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I won't be joining your import party because I don't know anything about the game...though the fact that I can't read Japanese doesn't help either. :P

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @Kush said:
    " I won't be joining your import party because I don't know anything about the game...though the fact that I can't read Japanese doesn't help either. :P "
    Party Pooper  :-)  A Square-Enix RPG?  That is a good start.  I don't read Japanese eeither, but I have very successfully navigated a large chunk of A.S.H. Archaic Sealed Heat & Tales of Hearts.  You miss out on the story though, but some stuff is found on the internet to help.

I did find this reader review to give a little bit of an idea:

Today the game arrived at my doors along with another game I ordered but this review isn’t about that, it’s about Sigma Harmonics!  This is a new title from Square Enix.  It was shown at the oddly named Square Enix party named DKΣ3713.  The titled was developed by the team behind Dirge of Cerberus, the game was released on August 21, 2008 but I didn’t know so I didn’t get the game until now.  In Sigma Harmonics you play a character named Sigma (clever), in the beginning of the game you meet up with a friend of yours, Neon Tsukiyumi who is voiced by Hirano Aya.  So there is a little simple gameplay going on with this game not to complex.

Gameplay:
    The gameplay is rather simple, first the game is played be having the DS on its side, so you have the touch screen on the right and the normal screen on the left.  I didn’t check the options for lefty but I’m sure there is one other wise that’s a very bad mistake.  This is the first game I have played that doesn’t require me to use any of the buttons on the DS Lite.  Everything is done with the touch screen, moving your character and fighting the monsters.  When fighting the monster you are given 3 slots of cards, first slot is your attack, second is another attack but changes your direction your facing as well.  The second slot, so far I have played is the only slot that contains two cards which you can swap to allow you to turn left or right.  Further in the game I’m hoping for a card that does a 180 degree turn.  The third slot card is a healing card.  I’m sure it is can be something else later on in the game probably allowing you to use some sort of magical attack.

Graphic:
    Although this might be on the DS, the graphics are amazing.  For someone who has played Crysis with everything on high, the graphics are very nice for a DS.  During story telling the game is in anime style which looks really good, I mean what anime art doesn’t look good?  Once your moving around and in the combat, the game turns to 3D.

I’m liking this title a lot, it’s fun, it’s unique, and its from Square Enix which I haven’t been playing any of their games in a long time, ever since I stopped playing FFXI, still waiting on FXIII, hurry it up SE.  Try and pick this title up if you haven’t already, I would suggest you head over to Play-Asia right now and import a copy, go now!  Stop reading this review, GO!

Pros:

• Unique gameplay, with a unique story.
    • Surprisingly good graphics in story telling(anime style) and combat/moving around (3D).
    • English text under each menu so you don’t have to fumble around the menus.
    • It’s a Square Enix game.

Cons:

• Japanese only title, no announcement of it coming to North America, most likely it will since its Square Enix.
    • Slow to start off, only engaged in 1 combat since 10 minutes of play.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Axersia

Yeah, I'm not sure I wanna order this game... It's kinda weird and doesn't look like it'd be my thing.

Now Soma Bringer for $19.90 -- that's something I can get behind (they lowered the price about an hour ago).

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

I was going to just wait until it was localized, but it doesnt look like taht will be happening. Same with Soma Bringer (I cant for the life of me understand why with SB). Maybe I should buckle down on the learning Japanese thing so that i can pick it up and enjoy it without a internet translation

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " I was going to just wait until it was localized, but it doesnt look like taht will be happening. Same with Soma Bringer (I cant for the life of me understand why with SB). Maybe I should buckle down on the learning Japanese thing so that i can pick it up and enjoy it without a internet translation "
    I keep telling myself that, but I still barely know a few individual words  :-(  

Still, I enjoy them even not fully understanding what is going on.  I just use my active imagination  :-)  My story is probably better.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool

Ordered.  On its way  :-)

Now I need to track down a translation.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

Fun stuff. You'll need to tell me how it is, as usual

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Axersia
    @oldschool said:
    " Ordered.  On its way  :-)

Now I need to track down a translation.
    "
    Too bad there isn't a single FAQ out and the game probably isn't popular enough to ever receive help on a forum.

You're in for a world of pain, my friend. This game has a very strong adventure/puzzle element to it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Axersia said:
    "@oldschool said: 
    " Ordered.  On its way  :-)
    Now I need to track down a translation."
    Too bad there isn't a single FAQ out and the game probably isn't popular enough to ever receive help on a forum.You're in for a world of pain, my friend. This game has a very strong adventure/puzzle element to it. "
    A world of pain huh?

I have been married for 29 years.  I can handle anything  :-)

I love a challenge.  I also think that the transcript and translation of everything on Soma Bringer I found, is going to be an enormous help.  So many words on menus are shared across RPG games.  If I focus on learning them, I will go a long way.  Plus, my daughter has some friends in the Japanese course at college.  I'll just photograph screens and get her to find someone to translate.

All merely hurdles I must overcome in life  :-)
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MrPerfect

I doubt  I would get it since it is a RPG import and I can not read Japanese. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
    @MrPerfect said:
    " I doubt  I would get it since it is a RPG import and I can not read Japanese.  "
    Soma Bringer could be more your style, or Tales of Hearts.  It isn't as hard as we think to navigate the Japanese text.  Most RPG menus are fairly similar, so you tend to know what to do intuitively.  Story is a problem though -  you can just make up your own script and have fun with that  :-)
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By MrPerfect
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @MrPerfect said:
    " I doubt  I would get it since it is a RPG import and I can not read Japanese.  "
    Soma Bringer could be more your style, or Tales of Hearts.  It isn't as hard as we think to navigate the Japanese text.  Most RPG menus are fairly similar, so you tend to know what to do intuitively.  Story is a problem though -  you can just make up your own script and have fun with that  :-)
    "
    I do not know, I would not want to make the script for the game Im playing. I would much rather it have english subtitles lol. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.