Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill

Franchise »

Silent Hill is a survival horror game franchise that revolves around the tourist town of Silent Hill; its dark link with the occult and its co-existence with its two other-dimensional forms, "Otherworld" and "Nowhere".

Do you think they'll ever release a Silent Hill HD collection?

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Tordah

Seeing as Sony seems pretty eager to put out HD collections of classic series (Sly, Prince Of Persia, etc.) it doesn't seem like a Silent Hill collection would be completely unthinkable. As someone who's never played any of the games I'd love for it to happen.  

Do you think it's reasonable? I mean, the first one is graphically pretty dated (and I assume that's why the Tomb Raider HD collection did not include the PS1 games), but the other ones shouldn't be too hard to fix up and polish. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

I don't know. I've seen SH2 and SH3 on PC and honestly the higher resolution did not really do these games any favors. I am a ridiculously huge Silent Hill fan, but I would not really put them on the list of games that would benefit greatly or call for some sort of current-gen rerelease. I'd also kinda hate trophy pop-ups in them, as 2 and 3 make sure not to disturb the game world atmosphere with HUDs and OSDs.

Just play them as they are right now.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sameeeeam

I don't think it's very likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.