Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

DLC Possibilities and Wants

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm hoping this game has DLC/Add ons rather than expansion after expansion (looking at you Sims 3 -_-), but I'm curious to see what you all would like or hope to see in future add on packs/dlc or even full scale expansions. The only thing that comes to mind at the time that I want to see is more park options. I love the options they have, it just seems there could be a ton more.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandude

Regardless of whether they do Expansions or DLC, there'll still be more extra content than original content, and I am in dread of it.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't say yet, I would have to play a bit to see what is "needed" or what would be cool. I'm sure there will be Dlcs later on, I just hope they won't be too expensive.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I hope they release the Digital Deluxe Edition bonuses as DLC later. That edition costs waaay to much now, and I would like to make a British city.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they allow for bigger cities and a save/load system. The latter probably wont happen though.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Having very little history with the franchise I can't fathom what's good DLC for a sim game. The things that come to mind are themed shit. Maybe a new specialization or two? I imagine those parts of the game are already well rounded though. Maybe they could add a Holy specialization. Become a religious city. Like Civ V. I don't know. The biggest opportunity they have looking at what fans are saying about the game would be bigger maps I reckon. If that's possible than that'd be a great seller judging from how people are clamoring for it.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

>EA

dude there will be DLC and loads of it I will bet my hat on it.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that Maxis intends to add mod support eventually, I doubt that the DLC will be limited to microtransactions. Why purchase a skyscraper for 99 cents when you know that modders will be able to make you one for free in time? Whatever the DLC will be, it will have to come in big expansion packs, and such packs won't necessarily include physical objects but also have some extra features, such as terraforming and more Glassbox stuff, possibly. It's also possible that mod support will be included as DLC, and you will have to pay more to unlock total freedom.

Of course, EA could still be a greedy bastard and strip away all that good stuff, but there's still time to see.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I always thought a historical expansion could be interesting. Have your specific cities set in different time periods. The expansion itself could be multiple time periods in one. I feel like a different time period could offer a different challenge in terms of city efficiency and just things to do.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I highly doubt that would happen seeing that they would have to almost completely rebuild the engine in order to make cities that operate that differently. For example, much of the challenge in SimCity is traffic management, where would the new challenge come from if there are no cars? I guess anything after industrialization would be possible though.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i'm guessing bigger cities would be cool (haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but from what i keep hearing it would be a nice idea) and also some more city sets like Tokyo or maybe even some more historical cities would be cool.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

A subway would be neat thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.