Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Could this get picked up by Sony?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shadows_kill

After the recent news this got canned by Activision it was surprising and sad but in the article they say:     

the developer apologized about not being able to finish the game with Activision and said it’s setting its “creative sights on a different horizon.”    

Which to me this sounds like they just are not going to finish it with Activision (or they  already got a new project)  but I got hope that they could continue this with Sony and reason for them is because the only other game from these people that i see is Modnation Racers a game only on PS3 and PSP so they might have some tie to Sony possibly.  

What do you guys think is it me just giving to much though of a game I wanted to get or they just moved on with new projects with Activision?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss

After the thing that was the original True Crime, I just can't bring myself to be evenly remotely interested.

I could be totally wrong and totally surprised but if I never find out I won't lose any sleep.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

I think Sony would pass it up. 

Any sane Publisher would pass that franchise up.

klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By klaptos

I think Activision owns the IP.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By canucks23
    @Klaptos said:
    " I think Activision owns the IP. "
    Yea i'm sure this is the case. I don't think Sony'd want to pick it up if they had the chance to anyways. They got enough quality titles they're putting out, i doubt they'd want to put out a True Crime game... Especially if it was dropped by Acti for not being good enough.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By valrog

I don't think anyone would pick it up...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.